Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Please help me keep hope alive :-(

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:17 PM
  • 10 Replies

I am 25 years old I have been with my husband for 5 years I have a 8 year old son. After my son I chose the depo shot for BC and was on depo for about 4 years. I stopped getting the shot 4 years ago and have been trying to conceive ever since. It took a year before I started my AF. When it finally started It was so abnormal, it wasn't until 2 1/2 years ago it became somewhat normal again. My AF used to be 30 days apart and now they are 25-26 days apart. My doctor had told me she had seen an ovarian cyst but it was not that abnormal that most women get them, she had also said to have sex at-least every other day but that's not a problem me and my husband have sex every day.

I just want someone to tell me that they got pregnant after being on depo for more than 2 years and advice would be very helpful as well... I'm starting to believe I'm unable to conceive and it is the worst feeling especially knowing that my husband really wants a child...

by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MylittlePea
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:23 PM
I wasnt on it that long but maybe your missing your ideal time or maybe it's him... Is this a diff guy? Talk to your doctor and never give up hope
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MylittlePea
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:23 PM
Ps the ttc group is amazing
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PinkParadox
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Try every other day, instead of every day. Every day lowers the sperm count. Also, maybe he should get checked, it may not be you.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MamaSnaps
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I got ONE depo shot when my daughter was born in 1995. In 1997 I got pregnant. Before the depo? I got pregnant if my dh looked at me wrong. Talk about fertile myrtle? That was me!!!!! ONE depo and it worked for 2 years. So, keep your hope up. You were on it for 4 years. 

Flush your system copletely. I have found that it really helps with a LOT of things. I get hangovers from cold medicines that will last for WEEKS-if I do a body cleanse? SERIOUSLY different within 48 hours. 
It's not harmful and can't hurt. Can't promise it will help, but...

I know of people who talk with their doc and end up with a fertility med and conceive very quickly too. It won't hurt to ask! 

Mrs.hopeful1
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:33 PM

He isn't my sons father but has a child from a previous relationship but the lady had up and moved away and deleted online accounts she's nowhere to be found... I have posted on ttc group but I'm desperate for some positive feedback

Lindsay4Ambit
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:40 PM

I have an IUD, never had the shot. But I'll pray for you momma. Keep your head up and have faith!

whatssleep
by Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:42 PM
1 mom liked this
I was on the shot for twelve years I went off of it like oh probably a little over a year before we were trying to conceive. I conceived immediately, miscarried, morned and waited a year, conceived in four months of trying and now have my DS.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.hopeful1
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:50 PM

@whatssleep Thank you so much! It helps to hear that you have no idea!

mamamiajk
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 3:35 PM

Hugs hon...don't give up

ChancesMommy07
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 3:37 PM
1 mom liked this

I was on it for 5 years. Went off of it in August and got pregnant in Oct of the same year.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)