Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

She told her mom I didn't feed her,

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:05 PM
  • 53 Replies
So today when I picked up my DD's from school I picked up my co workers daughter, they just moved into the apartments across from us,& my co worker had surgery today soo her DD came to my house after school.. Usually when the girls get home I make them something easy and quick like "canned soup,& some fruit", or a sandwich & some veggies "... It's not a big meal just something to hold them until dinner & until homework is finished, well last night we had tacos,& soo I had some left overs & instead of making the usual after school snack I made them some tacos,well I ask Jaanie how many tacos did she want, 1 or 2 & she said " uhh I eat 5 at my house"(she's 8years old) & yes I believe she eats 5 tacos at her house, but I only gave her 2,because I'm sure her Mom was gonna cook dinner when she got home... Well after she at the 2 she said she was still hungry, I gave her some grapes,cherries,& carrots plus a Capri sun,& she begged & begged for another taco,I eventually gave her one, after that she says " ms.Kaay I told u I eat 5 at my house, I'm still hungry soo that means I need 2 more" I didn't give her anymore, because I couldn't see myself feeding a 8 year old 5 tacos, that's just crazy... Soo around 5 when her mom came to get her,& she hands her bag of miss field cookies,& a shake,& then she says "ooh jannie I cooked dinner" & I say " oooh whatcha cooking tonight girl,& she says "ribs,Mac and cheese,jasmine rice,corn bread and cabbage,& then I'm gonna back some brownies for me and jannie"...(she's over weight too).... Anyways a hour later she call me like " u didnt feed my baby ? She's over here telling me she wasn't allowed to eat while she was over there" Wth?! She seriously told her mom that! Soo then I go on to tell her what really happened and she says " well just because you're a stick figure &everyone that lives in that house are stick figures doesn't mean my daughter has to be one,& I feed her what she wants when she wants it without no hesitation, soo for now on I'll just send her a snack in her backpack until she comes over there... Ugh NOO I told her "well I can pick jannie up after school & just drop her off at home,I won't be watching her anymore.... I probally sound harsh but I hate the way her daughter lied on me when I clearly fed her! Smh! Was I wrong here?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kerryket
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:08 PM
3 moms liked this

Nope not wrong one bit, I would do the same thing.

veganistic
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:08 PM
No you weren't wrong, and I wouldn't want to contribute to that child's future or current health problems either! That is WAY too much food for any 8 year old. :(
paganmommy4
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:13 PM

Just because kids dont get there way doesnt mean they are starving. I would of said no to five tacos. 

raegan1221
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:13 PM
Agreed. Plus just what her Mom was making for dinner alone plus brownies, a shake and cookies. Omg thats nuts.

Quoting veganistic:

No you weren't wrong, and I wouldn't want to contribute to that child's future or current health problems either! That is WAY too much food for any 8 year old. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ilana_ny
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:16 PM
3 moms liked this
She can feed her child what she wants at her house, but when she is at your house she should follow your family rules.

I think your friend is very rude and unappreciative. Instate of being mad at you for not giving her DD enough food, she should be thankful that you picked up and watched her DD.
veganistic
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:17 PM
2 moms liked this
And I wonder what kind of back pack snack that mom thought would hold her 5 taco daughter over til she came to pick her up if 3 tacos and fruit wasn't enough for a couple of hours?
LABELmeCUTE
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:20 PM
When I picked her up earlier she had a lunch pail filled with sour candy, pudding and hot chips!

Quoting veganistic:

And I wonder what kind of back pack snack that mom thought would hold her 5 taco daughter over til she came to pick her up if 3 tacos and fruit wasn't enough for a couple of hours?

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:44 PM

That poor child not knowing what appropriate portions are and what healthy options are out there.  Her stomach is probably so stretched out now.

elzmnsf
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:41 AM
There is no way on gods green earth that I would feed a child 5 tacos as an afternoon snack, no way. Youre nicer than I, though. If I even gave tacos as a snack, a special treat, it would be one and then fruits and veggies if need be. I wouldn't watch that kid again. No kid needs a five course meal as a snack, and I would be very uncomfortable giving it. And honestly I would feel uncomfortable watching her eat massive amounts of candy and chips too, even if I didn't provide them. Plus eventually your kid is going to ask "mommy why can't I have a lb of candy too".... Just an all around bad situation that I would want no part of!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jenn820
by Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:19 AM
2 moms liked this
She can feed her daughter what she wants at her home. You were doing a favor by watching her and you certainly fed her. I'd be pissed that she lied too. I don't blame you for deciding not to watch her anymore. It's not even about the differences in food and snack practices, it's that the little 8y/o brat (and yes, in this situation, she was definitely a brat), lied.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN