Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Am I too old? *Picture Update*

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm 21. My teeth are a bit crooked and I have one a bit high in my gum line. I hate my smile (but oddly, people often tell me they like it) I had my teeth fitted for braces (the mold, the spacers, ect) at 14 but my dad ended up not being able to afford the final deal, so I never got them. It is to late now? Should  I maybe try invisalign? I might post a picture (please don't bash) I really hate my teeth.

Picture is comment 36

by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:37 AM
Replies (31-40):
thatgirl70
by Carin on Mar. 5, 2013 at 3:17 PM
1 mom liked this

No, not at all! My SIL got Invisalign braces after she turned 40. I know it's made her feel a lot better about her teeth.

hunnybunny2001
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 3:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol you are not too old..if that's what you want go.for it!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
erinsmom1964
by Gold Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 4:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Yep your ancient and should live with messed up teeth for the short time you have left in this world...................I mean what you have lived with them what 15 yrs already I mean how much time could you possibly have left to endure them?  40....50...60  years ...........LOL

OHgirlinCA
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 4:08 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm 38 and have considered getting invisalign to make my teeth a bit straighter even though myself and my dentist are the only ones that really notice. You're never too old.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lindsay4Ambit
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 4:44 PM

I'm about to post a couple. Had to wait for SO to leave, so I didn't fell so bad. haha.

Quoting DaniandTom:

I have a friend who had her braces put on at the age of 53! HER MOTHER also had some put on! You are NOT too old and if you can do it, I know you will feel better about yourself and thus be happier. I didn't see any pictures of you but I am sure it's not as bad as YOU think it is...we are always hardest on ourselves. 

Lindsay4Ambit
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 5:21 PM

:( Here it is.

DaniandTom
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 6:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Let me ask you something....do you stop yourself from smiling or cover your mouth when you laugh? If so, do it! If you're stopping yourself from enjoying your life to the fullest, then you need to fix whatever is holding you back. But if you aren't holding back and you aren't letting this keep you from laughing your butt off with your friends and family, then put the money toward a family vacation or a super big TV or something else. The people who love you don't give a damn about your teeth and those who care about them aren't your friends anyway. If it bothers you, fix them. If they don't, don't. I think you have a wonderful smile!

Quoting Lindsay4Ambit:

mamalusbear
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 7:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Honestly, your teeth are nice and white, your smile isn't bad.  If it bothers you I don't think you're too old for braces, or invisilign if you wanted it.  My cousin got invisilign in her 30s to straighten out her teeth.

Lindsay4Ambit
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:33 PM

I do cover my mouth quite a bit. I'm a server and love laughing with my guests but I try to conceal my mouth as much as I can. I really want braces, just was worried about looking dorky and getting made fun of even more. Thank you for this kind post!

Quoting DaniandTom:

Let me ask you something....do you stop yourself from smiling or cover your mouth when you laugh? If so, do it! If you're stopping yourself from enjoying your life to the fullest, then you need to fix whatever is holding you back. But if you aren't holding back and you aren't letting this keep you from laughing your butt off with your friends and family, then put the money toward a family vacation or a super big TV or something else. The people who love you don't give a damn about your teeth and those who care about them aren't your friends anyway. If it bothers you, fix them. If they don't, don't. I think you have a wonderful smile!

Quoting Lindsay4Ambit:

Lindsay4Ambit
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:34 PM

Thank you! I do take good care of them, I just hate their placement. lol

Quoting mamalusbear:

Honestly, your teeth are nice and white, your smile isn't bad.  If it bothers you I don't think you're too old for braces, or invisilign if you wanted it.  My cousin got invisilign in her 30s to straighten out her teeth.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN