Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Am I too old? *Picture Update*

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm 21. My teeth are a bit crooked and I have one a bit high in my gum line. I hate my smile (but oddly, people often tell me they like it) I had my teeth fitted for braces (the mold, the spacers, ect) at 14 but my dad ended up not being able to afford the final deal, so I never got them. It is to late now? Should  I maybe try invisalign? I might post a picture (please don't bash) I really hate my teeth.

Picture is comment 36

by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:37 AM
Replies (41-50):
mama.samm.2.3
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Honestly you have really nice teeth! Yes they are a bit crooked. And if them being crooked like that is keeping you from being happy. Then I say get braces or invisaline. You are deffinantly NOT too old. Do what makes you happy hun.

Quoting Lindsay4Ambit:

:( Here it is.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carlacb
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:43 PM
1 mom liked this

In high school, my assistant principal had them and she had to be in her late 40s. It's never too late for braces. Heck, I'm 26 and if I could afford them; I would get them tomorrow.

loriec
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:54 AM
1 mom liked this

I want some too!  who doesn't want a smile they feel confident with. Never too old to work on your self.

Get those invisaligns or even veneers. Image is everything,no matter how vain that may sound.

So don't think your too old to improve!!!!!!!!

DaniandTom
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 4:11 AM
1 mom liked this

Go for it! I think you're going to really be surprised at how many people your age and older have braces and with the invisalign, you don't notice them. I think when all is said and done, you're going to feel so much more self confident and enjoy your life more simply because right now it does bother you. β™₯Hugsβ™₯

Quoting Lindsay4Ambit:

I do cover my mouth quite a bit. I'm a server and love laughing with my guests but I try to conceal my mouth as much as I can. I really want braces, just was worried about looking dorky and getting made fun of even more. Thank you for this kind post!

Quoting DaniandTom:

Let me ask you something....do you stop yourself from smiling or cover your mouth when you laugh? If so, do it! If you're stopping yourself from enjoying your life to the fullest, then you need to fix whatever is holding you back. But if you aren't holding back and you aren't letting this keep you from laughing your butt off with your friends and family, then put the money toward a family vacation or a super big TV or something else. The people who love you don't give a damn about your teeth and those who care about them aren't your friends anyway. If it bothers you, fix them. If they don't, don't. I think you have a wonderful smile!

Quoting Lindsay4Ambit:

Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 5:25 AM
1 mom liked this

No, you are not too old! If you hate your smile then do it!

momma2b2008
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 5:28 AM
1 mom liked this
Nope not at all one of my friends just got hers off and she is in her 40's!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LuvMommysBabies
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 7:06 AM
1 mom liked this
No i'm 25 and have braces
Rain2Rinse
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 7:11 AM
1 mom liked this
I got braces in December because I wasn't pleased with a tooth. I will only need them for 8 months. I'm 24. You're never too old. Do it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kazmira222
by Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 7:12 AM
1 mom liked this
Nahhhh I had a teacher in high school who was 63 and she had braces lol we thought it was cool.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Basherte
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 7:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Personally, if I could afford it, I would. But that's just me. I agree with this poster. You have a great smile. 

Quoting DaniandTom:

Let me ask you something....do you stop yourself from smiling or cover your mouth when you laugh? If so, do it! If you're stopping yourself from enjoying your life to the fullest, then you need to fix whatever is holding you back. But if you aren't holding back and you aren't letting this keep you from laughing your butt off with your friends and family, then put the money toward a family vacation or a super big TV or something else. The people who love you don't give a damn about your teeth and those who care about them aren't your friends anyway. If it bothers you, fix them. If they don't, don't. I think you have a wonderful smile!

Quoting Lindsay4Ambit:

wedding countdown

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN