Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Am I too old? *Picture Update*

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm 21. My teeth are a bit crooked and I have one a bit high in my gum line. I hate my smile (but oddly, people often tell me they like it) I had my teeth fitted for braces (the mold, the spacers, ect) at 14 but my dad ended up not being able to afford the final deal, so I never got them. It is to late now? Should  I maybe try invisalign? I might post a picture (please don't bash) I really hate my teeth.

Picture is comment 36

by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:37 AM
Replies (51-58):
sweetheart4171
by Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 7:57 AM
1 mom liked this

I got braces finally at the age of 28-29.....never too old to have a good looking smile!!

Christine0813
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 7:58 AM
1 mom liked this

Not too old.

kngarber
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 7:59 AM
1 mom liked this

Can you do invisalin (sp?) That is what I want to do.  I have a really bad gap - okay it isn't that bad, but to me it is.

Quoting Lindsay4Ambit:

:( Here it is.

2kidsntow
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:30 AM
1 mom liked this

You are never too old for braces! My cousin had his on when he was 36. My MIL had braces at your age too. IF you want them then I say go get them. I do not think there is anything wrong with your smile. I completely understand though.

kbeeck
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:26 AM
1 mom liked this

I got braces when I was nineteen or twenty. I had to have them on for like two years. My orthodontist told me that a eighty year old lady got braces. But yeah braces are expensive, so get ready for sticker shock.

Lindsay4Ambit
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:23 AM

Thanks agaim mommas for being so supportive! This is really making me feel so much better!

MdMom289
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 11:41 AM
1 mom liked this

No! I am 23 and although I have always had straight teeth. They have recently within the last year or so shifted a lot due to the fact that my wisdom teeth are coming through and pushing my teeth together and in. I should have had them taken our three years ago but then I got pregnant and now we don't have dental insurance. So once I get them taken out, I might look into invisalign.

ms-superwoman
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:03 PM

Why would you be to old to take care of yourself?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN