Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

just saying...

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:34 PM
  • 11 Replies
I was 17 when I had my daughter..I'm 32 now, an my daughter is 15.. I think I have a wonderful caring child..an of course she wants to date etc. An have friends over, things normal kids do..but the problem is my age..I'm always the youngest parent, an I feel like ppl still judge me! My daughter makes good grades she doesn't get in trouble. I'm married, settled down. But someone made the comment about me still being in high school when I had my daughter,an we don't attend church? Gahh am I a bad person?
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
woodswalker
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:39 PM

No, you're not a bad person.   Theres always idiots who will judge you and gossip.  Ignore them.   Im 46 and had my kids in my thirties but my 13 year old daughter has a friend whose mom was 16 when she had her.  I dont care.  I let her sleep over there all the time. 

breebree04
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:41 PM

your not a bad person! Some people are idiots. Who cares what you did when you were 17, you are not 17 anymore. What matters is the person you are today. I do attend church but I will be the first to say it does not make you a bad person if you dont go to church, that is everyones own personal choice. Your going to always run into negative people just dont stoop to their level and ignore them. You seem like a great mom who has her head on straight. Be proud!

Bleacheddecay
by Gold Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 2:02 PM

No. Of course you are not a bad person. People making judgemental remarks are.

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Mar. 6, 2013 at 3:10 AM

no youre not a bad person! just ignore those people!

elzmnsf
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 4:29 AM
Pffft! You managed to raise a caring smart kid even at a young age! I have my 11 yr old who knows people whose parents were well into their 30s when they were born who are total jerks! The kids act like complete monsters! Do completely horrid things! I think you must be a great person to raise a great kid, screw age!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hollywood74
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:06 AM

stop worring bout what other ppl have to say. i had my kids at 18 n 19. im 38 with 2 grandkids. (1 kid from each) i live my life the best i know how for my kids and they are too. damn what anybody else has to say. if they judge you, something in their life aint right and you dont need them anyway!!!!!!!!!!

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:12 AM
It is probably hard for parents to relate. I was also 30 having my dd's. They had friends with parents that had kids in their 40's who are 10+ years older than me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kazmira222
by Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:15 AM
Pshhh no. Those ppl can go suck one. I'm agnostic and I think ppl are stupid when they bring up religion for things.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
savingtheworld
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:33 PM
Haha! So true:) the ppl that said that were actually my daughters new boy friend! An his parents are actually teachers! In their late 40's..I just felt bad for my daughter, I don't want them to think my daughter is wild.. trust me my daughter has seen my struggles an she is aware how hard it was an the sacrifices I made.. an what gets me, is how u can sit bk an judge someone u never met, an bring up religion? Haha

Quoting hollywood74:

stop worring bout what other ppl have to say. i had my kids at 18 n 19. im 38 with 2 grandkids. (1 kid from each) i live my life the best i know how for my kids and they are too. damn what anybody else has to say. if they judge you, something in their life aint right and you dont need them anyway!!!!!!!!!!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
xoxRachelxox
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:45 PM

I would say all the things to them, that you just said here. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)