Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I Need Advice

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 3:40 PM
  • 13 Replies

I am currently 34 weeks and I am having cramps and it feels like they are period cramps but I have not lost my mucus plug, I dont really know what to do. This is my first child and honestly I am just  a bit lost on all of this. So advice would be greatly appreciated!! Please no rude comments

by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 3:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
savingtheworld
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 3:44 PM
What were u doing before u had the cramps? U may need to lie down..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 3:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Call your Drs office and speak to a nurse. If not leave a message and ask for a call back. They should be able to talk with you. Hugs momma. I hope everythings going OK and they go away.

babybryant2013
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 3:52 PM

i was just sittin at the computer at work and I got up to walk around for a bit and they hit me, but they seem to kinda go away when I sit down if that makes any sense

KatieFlower
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 4:00 PM

I have been having some preiod cramps when i am laying down, this is my third baby, i am 32 weeks. have a few cups of water and lay on your left side, thats what i would do.  if you feel like they are coming and going in a rhythm, call the doc. or if they wont stop you can call to be sure.

hugs

mommy2zbg
by Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 4:01 PM

Call your doctor and see what they tell you! Best thing is to relax and see what the dr says

atlmom2
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 4:03 PM
Call your doctor. Anything like this you should call.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OHgirlinCA
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 4:05 PM
I would call your doctor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MeghMirab
by Meghan on Mar. 5, 2013 at 4:18 PM
You might have just been really active or the baby is sitting in an odd spot causing the cramping. When I have them, I lay on my side... Drinks lots of water and they go away. Since this isn't common and you are far along I'd make an appointment with your o.b. office and see if you can come in for an exam to see if you're dilated at all. Probably isn't the case and they might not even check you bc they don't generally like messing around down there until go time bc fear of infections and what not. Good luck. I'm sure you just need rest.
Beenhereforever
by Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 4:20 PM
Sounds like Braxton hicks . They show up when you are dehydrated.
MamaSnaps
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 4:29 PM

If you EVER feel something isn't right you should talk to your doctor. They expect it for first timers-many STRANGE things happen to your body and you aren't expected to know what is going on. 

You always want to make sure the baby is moving properly and if it isn't DEFINITELY call. 

Chances are it's just the ligaments and muscles around the uterus straining and pulling, but you can NEVER be too safe!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured