Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Showering with your children

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:07 PM
  • 29 Replies
My daughter is 2 1/2yrs old. She obviously doesn't bathe by herself yet but loves to take showers. It's the easiest option for daddy. Daddy gets in with her they shower and all goes well. My mother is freaking out that she sees his penis! Our view is " if you don't now it a big deal she won't" she never stares or looks. It's just there! She pointed it out once and said " daddy's potty'' then moved on. After she left I about died laughing because of his face but she found nothing interesting, if that make since.
She won't shower with him forever, obviously. I was thinking by age 4 but not for sure!?! When is not appropriate for little girls to shower with their daddy?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PEEK05
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:09 PM

I don't know. We don't ever shower with our children, just by own personal preference, not because we think it's inappropriate.

JNLmomme09
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:10 PM
IMO and in my house my dd has never showered or seen her fathers areas and she is 7.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lamommy23
by New Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:13 PM
My dd dad stopped showering.with dd a little.after 2 and My dad showered with my sisters but he always wore underwear so idk how long that was
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AussieReg
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:27 PM

My husband didn't shower with the girls and even when I tried it they hated the water in their faces so it was always a bath until they were old enough to shower and not freak at the water in their faces but hubby would walk from the shower to the bedroom naked until the eldest daughter pointed at his naked bits and I think she laughed and after that we felt it was time to wear underwear for daddy and eventually he easn't part of the bath thing at all, more like at 6 or so I think they became shy of their nakedness too so daddy and the girls wore clothes over their bits!! I know of different levels of comfort so whatever you feel comfortable with is good!

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:49 PM

As long as you are comfortable do it for however long.  I think we stopped about 4 yrs old since we were trying to help dd learn how to bathe herself and she hates showers.  She is 7 now and daddy helps out but fully clothed on the outside of tub.

ZakkarysMom
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:55 PM
I dont shower with my kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Beth3721
by Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I shower with my DD sometimes.  She has pointed things out.  I just explain it's part of my body and one day hers will look like mine.  I think it's important to show her that the human body is nothing to be ashamed of by answering her questions straight out.

-PB
by Gold Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:57 PM

Dh and I don't shower with our dd (3 years old) and never really have (except maybe 2 times when she was under 2 years old) but only because its a personal preference.  We both like our privacy when it comes to anything in the bathroom. 

LoveMyLos
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:58 PM
My dh would.never shower with dd. I showered with ds until he was 2-3. The he showered alone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CatFishMom
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:02 PM

Eh, dont make it a big thing and it won't be. Shes two. My son showered with me until recently and hes four and my little one is twenty months and showers with me. It's easier to 'train' them not to be afraid of the shower that way.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN