Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Spring Cleaning Challenge Day 9: Dust & Vacuum Everywhere

Posted by   + Show Post

Welcome to Day 9 of the Spring Cleaning Challenge!

When is the last time you thoroughly dusted your house? After you have everything cleaned and organized, it's time to dust and vacuum. Use a damp rag followed by a soft dry one and make dust disappear. Wipe down windowsills, baseboards, TVs and computers, etc., before you vacuum. When you vacuum, be sure to vacuum under/behind furniture, the coils on the fridge, etc.

When's the last time you dusted and vacuumed with gusto?
Which task do you like better??
What are your tips for making dusting and vacuuming quicker and easier?

One member who signs up for our Spring Cleaning Challenge and replies to at least 7 of the 10 daily posts will win a $25 gift card!

Click here to sign up & join in the other daily activities:

Join Our Spring Cleaning Challenge! WIN a $25 Gift Card & Bonus Prizes, Too!!

by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 7:00 AM
Replies (101-110):
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Apr. 18, 2013 at 2:33 PM

I sweep daily. I need to work on dusting though.

studentmom418
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 3:06 PM

I am more partial to vacumming than dusting I think. It just seems like less work. I recently did a decent dusting job in the livingroom, but a lot more needs to be done all over the place. Maybe when its empty and we are cleaning before we move it will get done. Lol

GwenW
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 3:16 PM

Waiting for kids to get home from school. Going to make them help, muah ah ah ah!

by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 3:18 PM

I do it once a week. And i do one room at a time. And i go back and vacumme the whole house.....

MamaMandee
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 3:31 PM
I only have 2 rooms with any carpet in them so I only vacuum once a week or if needed more. My 5yr old dd loves to dust & asks to all the time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofsixangels
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 3:37 PM
I dust once a week. I vacuum about 1-2 times a day. I would rather dust.To make it not so much a chore I put music on while I do it
MayMommy07
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 4:15 PM
Just vaccumed yesterday all the rooms! I dusted the living room and now have to do the bedroom
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mamaanl
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 4:22 PM

I have to sweep everyday!  We don't have carpet in our house...which I hate.  I don't know why the landlords wouldn't even put it in the bedrooms.  We do have a rug in the living room so I vacuum it every couple days.  I do have a bad habit of not dusting though...maybe once a week IF that...Definitely need to do better at that because I probably shouldbe dusting every other day or so.

countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Apr. 18, 2013 at 4:31 PM
I just did this recently in order to get the house on the market. Now I am trying to do good to keep it looking nice and neat.
WandaSue
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 4:51 PM

ugh! i dislike dusting!! lol my kids like to do it though :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN