Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Spring Cleaning Challenge Day 9: Dust & Vacuum Everywhere

Posted by   + Show Post

Welcome to Day 9 of the Spring Cleaning Challenge!

When is the last time you thoroughly dusted your house? After you have everything cleaned and organized, it's time to dust and vacuum. Use a damp rag followed by a soft dry one and make dust disappear. Wipe down windowsills, baseboards, TVs and computers, etc., before you vacuum. When you vacuum, be sure to vacuum under/behind furniture, the coils on the fridge, etc.

When's the last time you dusted and vacuumed with gusto?
Which task do you like better??
What are your tips for making dusting and vacuuming quicker and easier?

One member who signs up for our Spring Cleaning Challenge and replies to at least 7 of the 10 daily posts will win a $25 gift card!

Click here to sign up & join in the other daily activities:

Join Our Spring Cleaning Challenge! WIN a $25 Gift Card & Bonus Prizes, Too!!

by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 7:00 AM
Replies (11-20):
IncognitoOne
by Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:18 AM

Well, aside from vacuuming the couches, vacuuming is a no go. I don't even have a rug...lol.

I need to sweep, mop, and dust though.

Paigesmommy78
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:20 AM
I dust every Wednesday and I vacuum every other day
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Arussell23
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:20 AM
I'm always vacuuming but don't dust as much as I should. Looking around I'm due for both anyway.
catrig
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:21 AM

About a week ago.  I definitely prefer vacuuming.  Keep up on it and the crud doesn't become overwhelming.

mewebb82
by Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:22 AM
I hate dusting but it really needs to be done. I just vacuumed the last 2 days (upstairs one day and downstairs the next) so I have a few days until it needs to be done again. I tend to vacuum about twice per week, unless there are messes between. I try to dust weekly, but sometimes I skip a week........like I did last week. My parents are coming in for a visit so I better get the dusting done today along with cleaning the kitchen, mopping, and cleaning the guest room.
Angelanscalf89
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:23 AM
I vacuum multiple times a week sometimes up to twice a day depending on if it needs done. I try to dust often but dont always get it done. I really dont like dusting for some reason.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cafay
by Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:23 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting notabosley:You are not an oddball at all! I totally agree with you! But if you do consider yourself an oddball, you are not alone.

When's the last time you dusted and vacuumed with gusto? Yesterday, I like to dust and vacuum, it's relaxing to me.
Which task do you like better?? Both equally.
What are your tips for making dusting and vacuuming quicker and easier? Start at the ceiling and move down. Stay organized, clutter makes things harder. Honestly I know I am an oddball, I just really enjoy dusting and vacuuming.

SlightlyPerfect
Yesterday at 9:28 AM
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:27 AM

Oh, I got some gusto.  And my vacuum knows it.

slightlyperfect

eviesmom453
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:29 AM

I just got a new vacuum so I am actually excited to do this! lol. My new vacuum is AMAZING!!

paytonleximomma
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:30 AM

I vacumm our living room every other day because it needs it since it is so high traffic.  Hubby and the kids are cleaning house today.  At least I hope they do. LOL  I would rather vacumm anyday then dust.  I dont like dusting.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)