Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Spring Cleaning Challenge Day 9: Dust & Vacuum Everywhere

Posted by   + Show Post

Welcome to Day 9 of the Spring Cleaning Challenge!

When is the last time you thoroughly dusted your house? After you have everything cleaned and organized, it's time to dust and vacuum. Use a damp rag followed by a soft dry one and make dust disappear. Wipe down windowsills, baseboards, TVs and computers, etc., before you vacuum. When you vacuum, be sure to vacuum under/behind furniture, the coils on the fridge, etc.

When's the last time you dusted and vacuumed with gusto?
Which task do you like better??
What are your tips for making dusting and vacuuming quicker and easier?

One member who signs up for our Spring Cleaning Challenge and replies to at least 7 of the 10 daily posts will win a $25 gift card!

Click here to sign up & join in the other daily activities:

Join Our Spring Cleaning Challenge! WIN a $25 Gift Card & Bonus Prizes, Too!!

by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 7:00 AM
Replies (111-120):
Juniper53098
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 5:15 PM

I vacuum every day.  My daughter was dusting today.

katvixenstar
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 5:40 PM
We use a broom around these parts, lol
Dusting does not happen too often tho
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abecee
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 5:44 PM

I vacuum regularly but its almost impossible to keep up with the dust.  I'll get it done again this weekend.

louiegirl62
by Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 6:01 PM

I already vacuum everyday because I have 4 cats! I do need to dust more, I only do that twice a week. 

gsprofval
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 6:28 PM

I don't dust often because I could never dust to please my mother, so I just don't very much, but did it really good about a week ago.

Vacuuming doesn't bother me.

Derpy
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 6:47 PM

I been dusting all day,I dont have carpets so i sweep and swiffer vac my hard floors lol.
I like dusting better.
and my tip for making it faster is Music and a good friend to talk to while you doing it :) 

"By causing a little destruction, I am in fact encouraging life"~Jean-Baptiste Emanuel Zorg

jamminmomma
by Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 7:03 PM

I honestly cannot remember the last time that my house was thoroughly vaccumed or dusted this is something that I really need to do though..

lostosbourne
by Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 7:21 PM

Its been awhile since I vacuumed and dusted with gusto lol. I vacuum every week and dusting isnt really on the list often cuz I dont have any furniture that requires dusting except one piece. I prefer to vacuum over susting. Tips I think are I love using the vacuuming powders esp carpet fresh. Wood scent pledge reminds me of christmas time growing up. My mom always had it at christmas time. 

Rosebud333776
by Trish on Apr. 18, 2013 at 7:39 PM
Looking forward to the vacumning part.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
GotSomeKids
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:19 PM

We vaccuum probably once a week, unless we get uber busy.  I hate dusting and actually pay my kids to do it.

:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN