Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Spring Cleaning Challenge Day 9: Dust & Vacuum Everywhere

Posted by   + Show Post

Welcome to Day 9 of the Spring Cleaning Challenge!

When is the last time you thoroughly dusted your house? After you have everything cleaned and organized, it's time to dust and vacuum. Use a damp rag followed by a soft dry one and make dust disappear. Wipe down windowsills, baseboards, TVs and computers, etc., before you vacuum. When you vacuum, be sure to vacuum under/behind furniture, the coils on the fridge, etc.

When's the last time you dusted and vacuumed with gusto?
Which task do you like better??
What are your tips for making dusting and vacuuming quicker and easier?

One member who signs up for our Spring Cleaning Challenge and replies to at least 7 of the 10 daily posts will win a $25 gift card!

Click here to sign up & join in the other daily activities:

Join Our Spring Cleaning Challenge! WIN a $25 Gift Card & Bonus Prizes, Too!!

by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 7:00 AM
Replies (21-30):
jones_danielle
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:33 AM

I just vacuumed and dusted yesterday! I have to do it twice a week. I like vacuuming more, easier for me. I have no clue how to make it go by faster. I should look up some tips.

AspensMama1537
by Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:36 AM
I reslly need to dust! My hubby does all the vacuuming tho.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
oddfox
by Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:41 AM

We have a big old house so I try to dust/sweep the living areas once a week, but the attic and cellar,Oy! Can't promise you anything on this one, it's more than a one day job.

HotMomma2622
by Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:41 AM
I love the smell of furniture Polish lol got dust that ceiling fan that is going to be a job.
_Mrs.H_
by Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:42 AM

I vacuum and dust daily.  Just quick cleaning.  We had a bunch of people over the first weekend in April so I had done a lot of deep cleaning then.  I think keeping up with it makes it a lot easier and takes less time when you do a deep clean since there isn't months of buildup that you have to scrub off.

momofcrazypants
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:44 AM

Daily. I have to. With the kids and the pets, it a must.

diane125
by Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:46 AM

I hate dusting! :P

mstef99
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:48 AM

I dust and vacuum at least 3 times per week, the challenge for me is moving the furniture and doing a good job, I'll get that done today!

bec94
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:48 AM
I vacuum at least 1-2x a week, but find my self dusting everyday. Not always the same things or in the same rooms, but I try to hit everything from window blinds to baseboards each week.

I also deep cleaned my vacuum a few weeks ago washed filers than can be washed, and changed filters that couldn't. I uses a toothbrush and a damp rag to clean the inside where dirt/dust can sit. It's so clean now that the suction is at least 5x better.
MargauxG
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:57 AM

I dust and vacuum every Monday! More if needed! I bought an ostrich feather duster and its ah-mazing!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)