Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Spring Cleaning Challenge Day 9: Dust & Vacuum Everywhere

Posted by   + Show Post

Welcome to Day 9 of the Spring Cleaning Challenge!

When is the last time you thoroughly dusted your house? After you have everything cleaned and organized, it's time to dust and vacuum. Use a damp rag followed by a soft dry one and make dust disappear. Wipe down windowsills, baseboards, TVs and computers, etc., before you vacuum. When you vacuum, be sure to vacuum under/behind furniture, the coils on the fridge, etc.

When's the last time you dusted and vacuumed with gusto?
Which task do you like better??
What are your tips for making dusting and vacuuming quicker and easier?

One member who signs up for our Spring Cleaning Challenge and replies to at least 7 of the 10 daily posts will win a $25 gift card!

Click here to sign up & join in the other daily activities:

Join Our Spring Cleaning Challenge! WIN a $25 Gift Card & Bonus Prizes, Too!!

by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 7:00 AM
Replies (31-40):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 10:20 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:58 AM

A bit ago & time to do it again along with vaccuming ;)

ZanderBsMama
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:01 AM
Cannot vaccum 35 weeks Fri., midwife said it's a no no. :( I will dust though!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
acbbsmama
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:02 AM
My DD likes to help me dust so that's her job. I need to vacuum today so that's one of several things to do on my list. My basement is flooded due to all the rain so I'm on my way to buy a shop vac.

"We worry about what a child will become tomorrow, yet we forget that s/he is someone today"

Buggy979
by Danette on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:08 AM
I'm kinda looking the fact i have ocd.. have another day off..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tamullen607
by Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:08 AM

We only have carpet in one room, the master bedroom. I can't vaccum  in there right now until I get a chance to organize and clean in there. I just pulled the carpet up in my DDs' room yesterday, so it's pretty dusy in there.

mamamiajk
by Platinum Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:09 AM

my home is located over old abandaned coal mines. (my grandparents informed me) I can wax and dust thouroughly in the morning and by 10 pm you could write your name in the dust. My sons bought me a beautiful vacuum that is designed especially for pet hair. I would reccomend this to anyone who has pets. I have 5 labs who live indoors and 3 of them shed....a lot! It takes me a good 45 minutes to do just the dining room. It's bagless which I love but it works so well I am constantly emptying the container. I do not dust,wax or wipe the sills and baseboards until after I vacuum. The reason behind this is because debree is in the air until after I am done.

Dolphingirl2004
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:11 AM

I hate dusting so much, I avoid it at all cost!!!! I vacuum all the time, its a daily weekly thing to clean up, but dusting, hate it, lol. I think getting a great vacuum, which is easy to work helps alot, I luv my vacuum, its affordable and easy to handle around the house. I wish there was a machine for dusting!!!! xoxoxo

stkirsch
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:13 AM
I can't remember the last time I dusted. I vacuumed last week. There is far too much clutter in my house to maneuver around.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
othermom
by Silver Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:17 AM

I vacuum often, but don't dust everything all the time. I prefer to vacuum. My tip for dusting is to make the kids  help.

Barabell
by Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:18 AM

My husband usually does the dusting and vacuuming. I'm allergic to dust, so it makes me ill.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)