Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Spring Cleaning Challenge Day 9: Dust & Vacuum Everywhere

Posted by   + Show Post

Welcome to Day 9 of the Spring Cleaning Challenge!

When is the last time you thoroughly dusted your house? After you have everything cleaned and organized, it's time to dust and vacuum. Use a damp rag followed by a soft dry one and make dust disappear. Wipe down windowsills, baseboards, TVs and computers, etc., before you vacuum. When you vacuum, be sure to vacuum under/behind furniture, the coils on the fridge, etc.

When's the last time you dusted and vacuumed with gusto?
Which task do you like better??
What are your tips for making dusting and vacuuming quicker and easier?

One member who signs up for our Spring Cleaning Challenge and replies to at least 7 of the 10 daily posts will win a $25 gift card!

Click here to sign up & join in the other daily activities:

Join Our Spring Cleaning Challenge! WIN a $25 Gift Card & Bonus Prizes, Too!!

by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 7:00 AM
Replies (41-50):
wandep
Please join my group Cleaning the Flylady Way. We'd love to have you! :)
Yesterday at 3:42 PM
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:21 AM

I've vacuumed the downstairs this week and still need to vacuum the upstairs area. I also need to dust this week. I hate dusting.

jsbuck
by Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:26 AM

I dust once a week and vacuum every 2 days.  I do not like to dust, but I actually enjoy vacuuming.  I use a wet rag to dust so it captures the dust.

kerryket
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:26 AM
I run the vac all the time, but it's been a while since I've moved everything to do a full cleaning. I'm not a fan of any housework, it's amazing that I'm somewhat domesticated. ming and dusting is easier when you eliminate the clutter.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tabby1979
by Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:28 AM

When's the last time you dusted and vacuumed with gusto? last time I was gonna have company over..lol.
Which task do you like better??  vacuum

What are your tips for making dusting and vacuuming quicker and easier? give yourself a time limit...for some reason it goes by faster if u have to get in done asap...lol.

eevers55
by Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:30 AM

I have to admit, I haven't dusted in like a month, but I did get a new vacuum for my birthday and I LOVE vacuuming with it. It makes our gross old crappy apartment carpet (that the previous owners had two cats on and stamped down for the 5 years they lived on it-we know because we lived up above before we moved down here)
Anyway, makes it look only about three years old and much cleaner. My husband had to stop me the first day I had it because I was a vacuuming maniac lol

Jenn8604
by Gold Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:30 AM
I hardly ever dust. Vacuum I do all the time. The carpet out landlord has requires vacuuming daily and there's still stuff in it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
robyann
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:31 AM

My ds's finance did a great job of dusting and vacuuming last weekend! 

My trick is to start at the top of the room and work your way down. First take a broom or a swiffer thing and get any cob webs around the ceiling, then move down to the tops of large furniture, continue around the room moving downward. Lastly, vacuum. 

Personally, I would rather vacuum,, just because it's easier than dusting lol

leahbeah143
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:34 AM

I definitely need to do some serious dusting! I keep Swiffer dusters all over the place lol

MamaMay007
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:40 AM

I only have hardwood floors... I guess sweep and mop?

la_bella_vita
by Gold Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:41 AM

The only carpeted rooms are the kid's bedroom. They get vacuumed every other day. I dust 2-3x a week.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)