Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Spring Cleaning Challenge Day 8: Pack Winter Away ~ WIN A BONUS PRIZE!!

Posted by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 7:00 AM
  • 169 Replies
2 moms liked this

*BONUS DAY*
One member who replies to this post will WIN a CafeMom Tote Bag!

Welcome to Day 8 of the Spring Cleaning Challenge!

Has winter weather finally ended for you? If weather permits, put away winter boots, scarves, gloves, hats, and heavy coats. Donate what you know won't fit or last another season and make note of anything you'll need to replace. Use the extra space for spring jackets, lighter pants, springtime shoes, and whatever else you wear when the weather is warmer.

Does it feel like spring where you live?
How do you organize your clothes from season to season?
What are your tips for making the seasonal transition easier?

One member who signs up for our Spring Cleaning Challenge and replies to at least 7 of the 10 daily posts will win a $25 gift card!

Click here to sign up & join in the other daily activities:

Join Our Spring Cleaning Challenge! WIN a $25 Gift Card & Bonus Prizes, Too!!

The Giveaway Rules:
The Spring Cleaning Challenge Bonus 2 Giveaway starts 4/4/13 at 7am (ET) and ends 4/30/2013 at 11pm (ET) (the "Giveaway Period"). Enter by replying to this post with an appropriate comment during the Giveaway Period.
Multiple entries are permitted and encouraged, as it increases your chances of winning. One winner will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a CafeMom Tote Bag.
The random drawing shall occur on or about 5/7/13. No Purchase Necessary. Open to US, DC, and PR residents 16 years and older. Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules.
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 7:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jones_danielle
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:35 AM

It's finally feeling like spring outside, but since I'm in central Texas that will only last for a week and then it will be summer. I've never actually organized  winter clothes, this will be my first year. I'm pretty excited about it though, it will clear up a lot of space.

ilovemykids732
by Bronze Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:36 AM
I have already stored everything in the basement... :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
squirrelml
by Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:39 AM

Well it hasnt warmed up enough here for me to switch my clothes around. I usually keep my extra set on clothing in suit cases-they fit well in the closet,I dont have much closet storage places where I live.And as long as I have to store a suit case it might as well have something in it. When I'm ready to do the switch,I usually at least keep 2 favorite light weight long sleeve shirts in with my summer tops. This way If there is still a chilly night I still have a long sleeve to fall back on.

Paigesmommy78
by Bronze Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:39 AM
I just did this last weekend found a hat I was looking for since January
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
DeeMcA79
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:39 AM
Mother nature hasn't quite decided what season it is here yet but Ive started to put winter gear away. Basically leaving out heavy sweatshirts & boots.
MargauxG
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:39 AM

I was just thinking about this yesterday! I THINK winter is over, but you neve really know! I think I'm safe to put the boots away, but maybe not the coats! But I'm so ready!

mewebb82
by Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:40 AM
It's starting to feel like we skipped spring and jumped right into summer here. It was 92 degrees yesterday. It's past time for me to reorganize my closet. I probably need to go through my clothes and just get rid of about 1/2. Winter blankets and sweaters need to be boxed and put up and winter tops need to be pushed to the back of the closet.
Arussell23
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:41 AM
It doesn't completely feel like spring to me yet. Hopefully soon. I never pack winter things away but my husband has talked to me about it and it doesn't seem like a bad idea. Problem is more space means I can shop for more clothes. Not having space is what stops me. I don't want my house to look like a hoarders.
happykitty316
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:41 AM

We had snow last week, so I'm going to hold off on this one for another week or 2....

mstef99
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:43 AM

It's been a neverending winter here for us.  I have all of our seasonal clothing in plastic "space" bags.  Once the weather changes I pull out the clothing and if something doesn't fit or we don't want it any longer we donate to goodwill.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN