Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Spring Cleaning Challenge Day 6: Clean YOUR Room

Posted by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 7:00 AM
  • 187 Replies
1 mom liked this

Welcome to Day 6 of the Spring Cleaning Challenge!

Is your room relaxing and inviting or cluttered and chaotic? Now's the time to clean your own room and get that organized, too, starting with your nightstand:

• Put away anything you don't need before bed or first thing in the morning.
  • Recycle old magazines, put books you're not reading back on the shelf or donate them, and clean out the drawers.
  • Keep anything that will create a calm atmosphere and help you sleep, such as a sleep mask, a glass for water, or a soothing candle (which you should blow out before going to bed!).
  • Remove any clutter on the floor next to the bed, change your sheets, and make your bed each day to keep your room feeling fresh and clean.

Do you have a nightstand or dresser?
Is your closet chaotic or organized?
What are your tips for keeping your room clean & inviting?

One member who signs up for our Spring Cleaning Challenge and replies to at least 7 of the 10 daily posts will win a $25 gift card!

Click here to sign up & join in the other daily activities:

Join Our Spring Cleaning Challenge! WIN a $25 Gift Card & Bonus Prizes, Too!!

by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 7:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
k9l1c5
by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 8:13 AM
1 mom liked this

I feel like cleaning my room would take an eternity lol. We have so much stuff and nowhere to put it. But, it does need done very badly.

lillucky8
by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 8:14 AM
We just cleaned our room out last week. Dh had two bags of donate and two bags of trash. Thank goodness!

We have nightstands and dressers. My closet is mostly organized except for the mess of gifts on the floor. I have no tips to keep things clean and inviting. My room is usually a mess of clean laundry and dhs mess of dirty and who knows what else
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mstef99
by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 8:15 AM

This one won't be so hard, needs a good dusting, clean sheets, and vacuming!  I try to keep our bedroom neat and clean weekly, makes it much nicer and restful for sleeping.

batjmom
by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 8:15 AM
I wish I had that room in the photo.
We had new carpet installed not that long ago so I had to clean out everything. So our room is cleaned out ..for now
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
allycally
by Member on Apr. 15, 2013 at 8:15 AM
Ok my closet is not bad, but dh is worst than a kid and he leaves his clothes where he takes them off,, other than that its pretty organized and relaxing,,,
I need purge our closets and dresser drawers of clothing we no longer wear
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
pinkcsmtlgy
by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 8:16 AM

I really need to organize my closet.

cafay
by Member on Apr. 15, 2013 at 8:16 AM

My room is clean,but I wouldn't say it was relaxing. I would say it was ugly.But untill we get the kitchen remodel done,it will have to remain clean but ugly!I don't find much relaxation in there right now!

MamaMay007
by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 8:17 AM

My nightstand is actually my sewing desk.  I am off to orginize fabric today!

autiemama516
by Member on Apr. 15, 2013 at 8:18 AM

I need to do this immediately!

Lydlou02
by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 8:18 AM
I don't have a closet in my.room. It's tiny.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)