Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Spring Cleaning Challenge Day 4: Clean Your Kitchen ~ WIN A BONUS PRIZE!!

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 7:00 AM
  • 238 Replies
2 moms liked this

*BONUS DAY*
One member who replies to this post will WIN a CafeMom Water Bottle!

Welcome to Day 4 of the Spring Cleaning Challenge!

When is the last time you really cleaned your kitchen? Start with the fridge, then move on to other appliances before focusing on counters, cabinet doors, etc.

• Appliances: Toss out old food. Scrub the fridge, microwave, stove, etc., inside and out. Place an opened box of baking soda inside the fridge to remove lingering odors and keep it smelling fresh. Now is also a good time to change the water filter or clean out the drip pan underneath.
  • Clutter Centers: Counters, drawers, cabinets, sink area, and pantry should all be cleaned out, scrubbed down, and reorganized to maximize storage and help you take inventory of what you have.
  • Wipe Everything: Wipe down cabinet doors, tops of cabinets, ceiling fans, light fixtures, etc., and then sweep and mop the kitchen floor.

When is the last time you cleaned under your fridge?
Have you ever cleaned under your stove?
What's your favorite kitchen cleaning solution?

One member who signs up for our Spring Cleaning Challenge and replies to at least 7 of the 10 daily posts will win a $25 gift card!

Click here to sign up & join in the other daily activities:

Join Our Spring Cleaning Challenge! WIN a $25 Gift Card & Bonus Prizes, Too!!

The Giveaway Rules:
The Spring Cleaning Challenge Bonus 1 Giveaway starts 4/11/13 at 8am (ET) and ends 4/30/2013 at 11pm (ET) (the "Giveaway Period"). Enter by replying to this post with an appropriate comment during the Giveaway Period.
Multiple entries are permitted and encouraged, as it increases your chances of winning. One winner will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a CafeMom Water Bottle.
The random drawing shall occur on or about 5/7/13. No Purchase Necessary. Open to US, DC, and PR residents 16 years and older. Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules.
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 7:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
leebees_mama
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 8:18 AM

I definitely need to do this one today! I will be starting that this afternoon.

pinkcsmtlgy
by Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 8:19 AM

I cleaned my kitchen on monday. It took me all day to get evertything clean and reorganized.

lillucky8
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 8:19 AM
2 moms liked this

i clean out my fridge every tuesday, trash day is wed and i have a major phobia of eating spoiled things so things get two or three days and they are gone.

i have to really clean my kitchen almost weekly, i have white cabinets and a two yr old and eight month old so they dont stay white for very long so i end up doing a good scrub weekly, the counters and such get cleaned daily, i HATE a dirty kitchen, and its the first thing you see when you walk into my house so i dont want it trashed. i just went thru all the cabinets and threw things away and donated things we weren't using anymore last weekend.

autiemama516
by Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 8:20 AM

My fridge really needs a good cleaning! I will start this one today!

DeeMcA79
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 8:20 AM
Hmmmmm..... so bad but cant remember last lime I scrubbed my fridge or cleaned under it(know what Im doing 1st today). Under the stove I did a couple weeks ago,even vacuumed behind it. I use A Lysol Antibacterial All Purpose Cleaner.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mamavalor

It's been so long I don't remember!  I guess I should get started!

k9l1c5

It's been a long time, we need to do this!

bmw29
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 8:21 AM

This shouldn't be too hard since the kitchen gets cleaned every day and I just reorganized last week. LOL Ds has been cleaning the kitchen for me to get extra TV time so I'm sure he will pitch in and help me out with this.

Paigesmommy78
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 8:21 AM
Yeah it's probably about time I deep clean the kitchen it's been about a month for the fridge can't move the stove tho
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mstef99
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 8:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Yippee I'm one ahead I did my whole kitchen 2 weeks ago from ceiling to floor.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured