Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Spring Cleaning Challenge Day 1: Set Your Goals

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 7:00 AM
  • 304 Replies
7 moms liked this

Welcome to Day 1 of the Spring Cleaning Challenge!

It's time to clean and organize your home but where to start? Start by figuring out your goals. Whether it's making the most out of a small closet or getting rid of things you no longer need, make out a list of what you want to achieve with your spring cleaning to help you get started and stay on track to meet your goals.

What's the first thing on your spring cleaning to do list?
Do you have a lot of stuff you need to get rid of?
Is your home disorganized?

If you need help getting started on your list, this is a pretty good one:
http://www.imperfecthomemaking.com/p/thorough-spring-cleaning-checklist.html

One member who signs up for our Spring Cleaning Challenge and replies to at least 7 of the 10 daily posts will win a $25 gift card!

Click here to sign up & join in the other daily activities:

Join Our Spring Cleaning Challenge! WIN a $25 Gift Card & Bonus Prizes, Too!!

by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 7:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mary841108
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:26 AM
I have my list set! Everything I want to get done is on an organized list and color coded by day. I have tons of clothes that need to be packed up and organized, toy boxes to go thru and even books that need to be dropped off at my moms nursing home. So much to do lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jaytee
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:47 AM

I have my list made. I would mostly like to organize and get rid of stuff that we don't need/use.

notjstasocermom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:48 AM

Quoting mary841108:

I have my list set! Everything I want to get done is on an organized list and color coded by day. I have tons of clothes that need to be packed up and organized, toy boxes to go thru and even books that need to be dropped off at my moms nursing home. So much to do lol

soundlike my list. anyway today I am doing my windows

SlightlyPerfect
Kids are raving nowadays?
Yesterday at 2:31 PM
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:48 AM

Our to-do list is basically "EVERYTHING." Yesterday we had friends take our daughter, so we could really do a deep clean. It's finally nice enough outside that we can open up our windows!

We're very organized to begin with, so this is a step we can usually skip.

slightlyperfect

casah4
by Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:49 AM

I need to go through all my things and decide what I'm taking to my apartment and what I'm going to donate or throw out. That will declutter a LOT. I'm going to start with my bedroom closet!

rleer4
by Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:50 AM

Collect plastic tubs to toss garage sale items in

fairymom82
by Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:50 AM
2 moms liked this
I have a sheet i use in my home management book. i don't just use it in spring though i use it every 3-4months when i deep clean the house. since i started a management book running the house is much easier and things get cleaned more than twice a year
huntersmama711
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:51 AM
We just took part in a multi family yard sale over the weekend so now that the extras are gone its time to start deep cleaning
woliung8153
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:51 AM

My goal is to get rid of things we done need any longer. Clean out the closest and cabinets so we have more space.

thenameshailie
by Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:52 AM
Well I was hoping a list would be offered lol. I need to do some serious downsizing and then organizing!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)