Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

how are your rooms

Posted by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 7:52 AM
  • 21 Replies
How are your bedrooms set up in your house? Are all the rooms on one floor or some upstairs and some down. We are currently my husband and i upstairs and all kids, with our playroom downstairs. My husband is finally getting off third shift so we are thinking of moving our room downstairs, and then all 3 kids would have the upstairs plus the playroom. They are 4, almost 3, and 8 months. I've never been on a different floor from them. Is this something others do, they all sleep through the night, and this would get all the toys and stuff off the main floor. Also the downstairs bedroom is supposed to be the master bedroom,.but when my husband was sleeping during the day her needed to be away from the noise.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 7:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momof6nokc
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 8:01 AM

We have 4 bedrooms up and a guest room and Master bedroom down.

I prefer to be on the ground floor but none of my children were babies while we lived in this house SO I'm not sure about having the 8 month old upstairs.  That's a lot of lugging up and down a flight of stairs for you.

alimorgan
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 8:15 AM

Sorry my home is single story 2 bedrooms on one side of the house and the master on the other side. I have had a lot of friends who have bedrooms all over their house, one had a bedroom that you got to by walking into the garage and going into her finished basement. Her teenage daughter occupied that space,

I guess in your situation you have to ask yourself, what if Dh goes back on nights and needs quiet, are you going to want to rearrange the home again? Is it worth moving all that stuff? If one of the children wake up in the middle of the night, I know they sleep through the night, but kids get sick, have bad dreams, so on.. are you really going to want to walk half asleep up the stairs then back down the stairs in the middle of the night? I can say at one time I lived in a 2 story house and having a play room upstairs did nothing to keep the toys  off the main floor! LOL! I think I spent half my evening taking baskets back upstairs to the toy room when I straightened up . Our kids wanted to be where we were so they dragged everything down stairs.

brittany208
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 9:04 AM

We dont have an upstairs. All of our bedrooms are RIGHT next to each other on the main floor (and we have an unfinished basement). I personally would not be comfortable being that far away from such a little baby.

If you are worried about toys being downstairs, just teach the kiddos to keep their toys in their playroom. We have the rule in our house that DS can only have one toy out at a time. When he wants another one, he has to put the one he's playing with away first. It works really well. His room generally stays pretty clean, and toys don't take over the house. And whatever is still out at the end of the day only take a couple minutes to put away.

AleaKat
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 9:05 AM
All on one floor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heidi749
by Canadian on Mar. 7, 2013 at 9:09 AM

My home is 2 bedrooms upstairs, but when I am able to build on, we are going to build the master on the main. If our DS was a baby and we had a master on the main floor, he would have stayed downstairs with us until he was older. 

Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Mar. 7, 2013 at 9:11 AM

Ours are all on the second floor. 

babynurse454
by Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 9:12 AM
We have 5 bedrooms, the master and 2 bedrooms are on one floor, our other 2 bedrooms are on another floor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OliviaW.
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 9:13 AM
We have a raised ranch and all of our bedrooms are on one floor in the same area.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ceciliam
by Cecilia on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:24 AM

All of our bedrooms are on the upper level.

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:26 AM
We are empty nesters now. We have 4 bedrooms on the 2nd floor and one that could be a bedroom in our basement. It has a window and a closet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)