Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Treatment Help!!! Dry, split knuckles...

Posted by   + Show Post

My 10-month old sucks his pinky, ring, and middle finger. His knuckles on his ring finger have split in the crease. It looks soooo painful. Mind you, he has eczema. Every chance I get, I try to put on Aquafor or Vaseline but that is the hand he sucks so it doesn't last long. I fear putting on a bandaid because he may get it off and choke on it. Any suggestions?????

by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 6:57 PM
Replies (11-20):
LindaClement
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:32 PM

Have you tried eliminating dairy from his diet? Eczema is often the first symptom of a serious dairy-protein allergy.

marisab
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:26 PM
This!!
Quoting notjstasocermom:

put socks or gloves on his hands after the lotion.

Lorissa11
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:55 AM

try Hydroxatone, OR, burts bees. If he is sucking his thumb try some nail biting polish.

Yogabean
by Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:09 AM
I eliminated dairy while I was breastfeeding and he has been on soy formula only.

Quoting LindaClement:

Have you tried eliminating dairy from his diet? Eczema is often the first symptom of a serious dairy-protein allergy.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mamamiajk
by Platinum Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:55 PM

I would ask his ped. for possibly a scrpt. I have eczema all my life and I know how painful it is. For years my parents got scripts for me that didn't work. Try to keep all moisture from there because it can lead to other problems.In the meantime try baby powder to help with the irratation. Again I would go at lenth with his ped. Good luck and I pray baby gets the right mrd to clear this up

Radellia
by Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:58 PM
Put socks on his hands, then a long sleeve short over them to hold them in place... Use the socks that are now too small for his feet so they are more of a snug fit on his hands
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Lunarprancer
by Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:59 PM
1 mom liked this

This is what I was going to say =0)

Quoting SouthTxPrincess:

We use coconut oil for dry skin, ours isn't extreme though. Im only suggesting it because its all natural and is safe to be ingested (its cooking oil) and is realky good for your skin.

With light and love

3grls1wildboy
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:29 PM

just wandering if u ever heard of hazelwood necklace for exzama my kids dont have it but read and heard great reveiws on them website is http://www.hazelaid.com/ read the review intresting just a fyi

Quoting ashley9603:

My son has exzema and its a tough condition to treat.I suggest a&D ointment,vaseline and maybe try to busy him doing something with his hands.I know when my son gets to scratching,I try to keep him busy as often as I can.I currently take my son to a dermatologist and his is on oral meds in addition to home therapy(less frequent bathing,renew lotion,and keeping his skin as moist as possible.)

LindaClement
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:52 PM

Is it a non-dairy soy formula? Several of them still contain casein or caseinate, which is often the cause.

Then, there's all the other pesky places that ingredient appears, in boxes and bags and cans of all manner of things...

Quoting Yogabean:

I eliminated dairy while I was breastfeeding and he has been on soy formula only.

Quoting LindaClement:

consumerswin
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:19 PM

My daughter has had Eczema since birth, and she's 18 now. she got hit with a double wammy in puberty with Acne skin added on. The best treatment I know, safe and effective immediately upon application, is a product called Renew. I'd be more than happy to send you a trial size. I keep several for my daughter. Just let me know.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN