Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Treatment Help!!! Dry, split knuckles...

Posted by   + Show Post

My 10-month old sucks his pinky, ring, and middle finger. His knuckles on his ring finger have split in the crease. It looks soooo painful. Mind you, he has eczema. Every chance I get, I try to put on Aquafor or Vaseline but that is the hand he sucks so it doesn't last long. I fear putting on a bandaid because he may get it off and choke on it. Any suggestions?????

by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 6:57 PM
Replies (21-25):
Queen_Bree
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 10:48 PM

Use raw Shea Butter. It will clear the eczema and heal the skin even if he sucks on it and it wont hurt if he gets it in his mouth. I wish you the best.

Yogabean
by Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:55 AM
Yes, we had desonide for a while for the worst spots. Just seems to go in waves. Thank you.
Yogabean
by Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 1:24 PM
Thanks everyone. Just picked up coconut oil and sunflower oil. Going to try it for a week on cracked knuckle and eczema rashes and diaper rashes. Hoping for relief soon.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Yogabean
by Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:04 AM
Okay so now that I got the coconut oil and now realize it is solid, not liquid, how do you best apply it? As is, warm/melt it and cool it?
rayroe2
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 1:30 PM
That's why I don't let my child suck their hands when they are babies. You can't let him keep doing something that's hurting him. Soak him in a oatmeal bath soak. They will have a section of that stuff. Dry it out with switch Hazel and cover it up with some stuff for eczema.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured