• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where is my motivation?

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:28 PM
  • 3 Replies

This past week I have had absolutely NO motivation. I just can't seem to get motivated and can only manage to do the bare minimum. I wash the dishes, vacuum the floor, take care of the kids and make dinner. But I have so much more to do it's overwhelming. I am in my last stretch of college and have homework to do but can't seem to delve into it. I am a SAHM for now, have been since my 6 month old son was born, but I am also in college and work part part time (my boss let's me request days I want to work because she doesn't want to lose me). So, I suppose I am not JUST a SAHM but my husband is gone about 40 hours a week (he is a comissioned salesman) and then comes home and does nothing. I feel overwhelmed and unmotivated. I don't feel depressed, I am happy most the time, just can't seem to get myself up to do anything. Maybe it's cabin fever? I live in MN and this winter has been grueling. I have worked out on my treadmill and doing free weights for the past 4 months, 5 days a week. Not this week. Not once. Any advice on how to motivate myself or any motivational or inspirational words I can get to help me out? Even positive vibes? LOL I'm desperate!!

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:44 PM

The poophead of a husband needs to help out much more so that you can recharge your batteries.  He would have 1-2 nights where he cooks and/or takes care of the childrens bedtime needs.  Dont give yourself any labels like stay at home, working, etc.  You are just a mom trying to do her best.  This is just an off week.  We all have them.

Sarafinn2012
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:51 PM

Aww thank you! That does make me feel better. I have now done one assignment and cleaned the kitchen and got a load of laundry in. LOL. He does help..................occasionally.......but I agree. He needs to pitch in a little more! We have talked about it and he says he will, but really doesn't. He is an awesome dad, he loves the kids to death and would bend over backwards to make the kids happy. He's just not always the best "partner" when it comes to responsibilities. I just need a freakin' VACATION! :) Spa, mani/pedi, massage, a night alone. *sigh*

Quoting frndlyfn:

The poophead of a husband needs to help out much more so that you can recharge your batteries.  He would have 1-2 nights where he cooks and/or takes care of the childrens bedtime needs.  Dont give yourself any labels like stay at home, working, etc.  You are just a mom trying to do her best.  This is just an off week.  We all have them.

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:56 PM

Perhaps one night he can put everyone to bed and you can go out for an hour or three.  Have mommy time at  a local diner or something.

Quoting Sarafinn2012:

Aww thank you! That does make me feel better. I have now done one assignment and cleaned the kitchen and got a load of laundry in. LOL. He does help..................occasionally.......but I agree. He needs to pitch in a little more! We have talked about it and he says he will, but really doesn't. He is an awesome dad, he loves the kids to death and would bend over backwards to make the kids happy. He's just not always the best "partner" when it comes to responsibilities. I just need a freakin' VACATION! :) Spa, mani/pedi, massage, a night alone. *sigh*

Quoting frndlyfn:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)