Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A question for mothers with multiple children close in age

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:45 PM
  • 3 Replies

confusedI have an 11 month old daughter, and am currently 10 weeks along with our second baby.  Now I know they say every pregnancy is different, but how different can they be when the children are close in age?  I am curious as to other mothers experiance! Were your pregnancies the same with same gender or different gender, or were your pregnancies different with same gender and different gender?

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
jillbailey26
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:46 PM
1 mom liked this

My boys were 15 months apart and the pregnancies were pretty much the same.  I had my daughter 4 years later and her pregnancy was the opposite.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

meaganmac
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:58 PM
My youngest was born 3 days before my oldest's first birthday. My pregnancies were completely opposite. I was sick my entire first pregnancy, with terrible morning sickness (all day long) for the first half, then on bed rest with pre-eclampsia for the second half. I had terrible sciatica and was a total hormonal bitch. I felt awful the entire pregnancy...puffy, swollen and miserable.

Me second pregnancy was great. I did end up with pre-eclampsia again towards the end but it was controlled with medication and modified bedrest (with my first it was completely out of control even on strict full bedrest). I had no morning sickness, no symptoms and felt completely like myself the entire time, except for having heartburn. I got to be that glowing pregnant woman...lol.

Ironically my first baby was the easiest baby ever...never cried, never fussed, slept through the night (7-8 hours) at 4 weeks. My youngest was a holy terror...lol. Fussed all the time, barely slept at all for the first 3-4 months and was just upset all the time.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mmomma12
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:09 PM

Were they both boys or girls? Or boy and girl?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured