Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you LOVE your laptop or notebook

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:38 PM
  • 22 Replies

and it didn't cost a fortune, could you please tell me what kind it is?

I have a laptop that I would love to smash along side the head of the person that designed it. Seriously.

My husband said he would get me a different one. He's probably afraid it may fly through the room towards him. However, I don't want his to spend a lot. I only use it for research, and social networking.

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CreziaMommyTo2
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:43 PM

i love my Mac Air... it wasnt expensive at all

i think all in all $1000, and it's light and it suits my needs.

its the cheapest Mac out there... i would NEVER buy a PC

if i want a better mac i will go pro, but then i am looking at $2K + and i have a reg mac for my editing and graphing needs

milseymama
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:46 PM

kindle fire--my BF got me one for christmas for like a $100 or something around there.

and i absoluteloy love it.  im pretty sure if my laptop crashed, i would be fine, because my kindle can do everything my laptop does

1squishysmom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:56 PM

Quoting milseymama:

kindle fire--my BF got me one for christmas for like a $100 or something around there.

and i absoluteloy love it.  im pretty sure if my laptop crashed, i would be fine, because my kindle can do everything my laptop does

Really? I thought Kindles were just for reading books. haha, Well, I'm not too tech savvy. I want something with a keyboard, though

LucyHarper
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:57 PM

I have a Macbook. They are pretty expensive new, but I got mine used for $400. It works great, I've been using it for three years now without a problem, still runs like the day I got it. I wouldn't want any other laptop.

Bleacheddecay
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I love my Lenovo Thinkpad. Not sure how much it cost but I have had no issues with it and it's quite old. My Acer was a nightmare, the engine constantly burning out.

steffielou_who
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:35 PM

I have an HP something.. Let me find the link.. We got it at walmart a coupld of months ago and I love it so much!

http://www.walmart.com/ip/HP-Winter-Blue-15.6-g6-2249wm-Laptop-PC-with-AMD-A6-4400M-Accelerated-Processor-and-Windows-8-Operating-System/21634594

IloveNCIS
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:43 PM

Just don't buy a Dell Inspiron. I have had nothing but problems with mine. I had the cheap one (don't remember the brand) from walmart and that thing lasted me 6 years. The Inspiron that I have now is only 2 years old and it is crap.

jadedcynic
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:45 PM

Toshiba Satellite P845t-S4310, it has a touch screen and is simply awesome. I paid $699 for it at Best Buy.

balagan_imma
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:47 PM

I have a MacBook Pro and an iPad. I love both.

DD has a MacBook Air and  kindle fire hd (bat mitzvah presents) and they're great too.

It all depends on what you want and need. Is is for desktop publishing and typing papers or more just on line stuff. If it's just on line I'd suggest the tablets. Otherwise, we love our MacBooks here.

kdgord
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:50 PM
I have an Asus and love it. my mom also has an Asus and loves hers. neither of us has had a problem with them.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)