• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how do I deal with ....

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:54 PM
  • 2 Replies
This situation. My ds is 10 he wants his dad and I together obviously as any child does. His dad is married with two other ds. Also lives in Mo. My ds doesnt want to see him or talk to him unless he is gonna be with us. He says its not fair and dont know why he left and I shouldnt have let him leave. I have explained to him it was a mutual decision and he is cheating himself out if he doesnt talk and see his dad, I dont place blame. I AM NOT going to make him stay at his dads if hes not comfortable and mind you his dad doesnt make any effort to stay in touch or see him. I have made the trip to Mo. So they could see each other. They didnt use to have a relationship at all his dad was verbally and emotionally abusive. When I decided it was best they not see each other because of the abuse hid dads words to me were ,"its his loss", meaning our ds. He has matured some in the past four years but still doesnt put forth any effort. He is going to start counseling but just dont know what I can do for him besides love him and be here for him and assure him his dad loves him, things just didnt work out :-(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Poor little guy. He will slowly come to the realization that his Dad is kind of a jerk who doesn't stay in touch. It's very painful but all you can do is what you're doing. You can't force your son to talk with him. The counseling will help I'm sure. I wouldn't even keep telling him that his Dad loves him, that's not your job, it's his Dads. All you can do is apologize for choosing a bad dad for him and assure him that it's not anything he did wrong.

Jazmyn1
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:50 PM
Yea I guess telling him his dad loves him when his dad doesnt keep in touch isnt a good vision of what love is

Quoting Lindalou907:

Poor little guy. He will slowly come to the realization that his Dad is kind of a jerk who doesn't stay in touch. It's very painful but all you can do is what you're doing. You can't force your son to talk with him. The counseling will help I'm sure. I wouldn't even keep telling him that his Dad loves him, that's not your job, it's his Dads. All you can do is apologize for choosing a bad dad for him and assure him that it's not anything he did wrong.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)