Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Due Date Today and not dilating....PLEASE HELP!!!

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:11 PM
  • 33 Replies

How can I speed the whole dilating thing up?? this is my first child and Im due...well NOW!! but my water hasnt broke and im only 1.5 centimeters dilated as of yesturday morning. I have tired everything but my water still has not broken. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JeremysMom
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:18 PM
8 moms liked this

The best thing to do is let nature take its course. Even though today is your due date, it is just an estimate. There is a 4-5 week window for babies to be born at full term. Your baby is not ready yet and I wouldn't do anything to possibly harm your child.

NoahsMommy10412
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Have sex!

Go for a long walk!

Eat spicy food!

Get a massage!

Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:23 PM

I know you're ready, but the baby isn't so just chill and be patient, good luck honey.

Radellia
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:25 PM
Just wait it out! Keep in mind your due date is your estimated due date! I just went through passing my own date a couple weeks ago, I know how frustrating it is! As much as you probably don't want to hear this, it may still be another week or two before you meet your little one...

Seriously though... Have sex! Semen helps soften the cervix!

You could also ask your doctor (or midwife) to strip your membranes - its quite a bit uncomfortable, but ultimately it helped me go into labor (it will only work if your body is ready though, I has it done twice cause the first time didn't work)

Good luck to you!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
reux
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:27 PM

Due dates are approximate.  Go for a nice long walk. That can get things going. 

norwgnwood
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:28 PM
First pregnancies are usually 41 weeks and 1 day. Patience. :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:28 PM
I was 1/2 cm when I was induced 2 weeks late. Wait it out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jenn8604
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:30 PM
Have sex and have ur s/o get off in u. sperm has something in petocin (sp) in it.
walk, swing, ride down a bumpy dirt road in the country in your car our down a lot of hills real fast. drink caster oil (a coworker says it tastes like shit).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
new.mommy1
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:31 PM

They said she is measuring at what shes suppose to. And when they check my cerviz they can feel the top of her head....I have tried sex but (and dont laugh) its uncomfy and hurts ALOT

zeeree
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:39 PM

Well walking always workout for me and I mean walking all day, and have sex afterwards that should do it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)