Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Due Date Today and not dilating....PLEASE HELP!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

How can I speed the whole dilating thing up?? this is my first child and Im due...well NOW!! but my water hasnt broke and im only 1.5 centimeters dilated as of yesturday morning. I have tired everything but my water still has not broken. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:11 PM
Replies (31-33):
Cynthje
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 6:17 PM

You do not have to be dilated at all for labor to start, you can go from 0 to 10 in a few hours but you can also be 4cm dilated for many many weeks before labor. It doesnt mean anything. What i would do is stop the checks and try to relax.

The breaking of water also does not have to start before or even during early labor because babies can and are born everyday with the sack intact (born in the caul).

Try to relax and let your body do its thing, personally i think all the checks manage to do is stress mothers out and raise the chances of infection and thats why i will never have them during pregnancy

MMerrill
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:50 PM

A due date isn't a magical date that a baby is supposed to be born by, or on.  It's just an esitamte.  Due dates can also be off by up to two weeks, so you might not even be 40 weeks yet!  Let your body do it's thing, you'll get there.  

wedding countdown

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

crwspringer
by Silver Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:52 PM
Due dates are an estimate. You are just going to have to wait it out. I went 11 days past my due date. Trust me, it will happen.
;-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured