Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need help getting dd to nap in her crib

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:24 PM
  • 2 Replies
So my dd sleeps fine in her crib at night. But at 4 months old she would get really distracted while breastfeeding, so I started laying in bed to BF. Now at 10 months, this has turned into me BFing her into her two naps. Sometimes I can slip out of bed and she will stay asleep, often not. So I'm lying next to her for at least an hour twice a day just so she can get her naps!
Do you have any advice on how to get her to nap in her crib? In a perfect world, she would have her first nap in her crib and then I would lay with her for her afternoon nap (just because I love to cuddle with her). I realize this would probably confuse her right now. Maybe we could get to that point eventually, but for now I really need her to nap in her crib.
Thanks for your help!!
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
JoeMax
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:38 PM
I had this same problem with both of my boys. I wish I had some advice for you, but I never did get mine to nap in the crib. They even slept with me at night too. I always tried to rock them in the nursery and then gently lay them down, but it never really worked. Good luck, if you find a way that works let me know. I am expecting number three and I don't really want to nap with baby 2 times a day when I have 2 older kids running around lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sav820
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:39 PM

You might have to let her cry a few minutes 5  at most or lay her down on belly and pat her butt ,soft music.. feed her then place her in crib (with a water bottle if necessary)....room dark, sound machine...buy one if you don't have one..20.00.our multiples have slept with one all their lives...they still go down for naps. 3yrs old..with no problems...not a peep..they go right to sleep.....it might take a few days....eventually her bio clock will set itself and she should sleep. you have to do it the same time everyday like clockwork...and stick to it...after 2 weeks she should be tired by the time "nap time" comes, and go right down. Good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)