Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Paragard

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:53 AM
  • 3 Replies

I'm considering getting the procedure done since my SO doesn't like condoms and bcp was a failure(didn't become pregnant just didn't like the mood swings and at times I forgot to take them but remained non sexually active). Is it considered a surgery? I'm trying to find out if my insurance would cover it. It's in and out I believe from what I've read about it. My SO thinks he should be with to give me a ride home. ? You should be safe driving afterwards,lol. So, do I set up an appointment to get it done or do I make an appointment to discuss my decision to the doctor first then have another visit to get it done? Reason I'm asking is I'd like to get it done the next time I have my  next vacation day at work so I don't have to loose hours. My job's the type if you take off for 2-3 days you have to notify them a month ahead of time and I'd like to get this done soon.

by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
plainjane55
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:31 AM

BUMP!

mama_heather
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:09 AM

I had ParaGard put in and it was super painful. I wouldn't consider it a surgery and I wouldn't see any reason for taking any time off work. I did cramp A LOT and it made me bleed, though. Be prepared it's not fun. Some doctors do have you take a heavy duty pain pill before hand to help with the cramps. You would need to talk to your doctor before having the procedure done. Also, about 3 months after having mine put in I suffered from an ectopic pregnancy that required emergency surgery. Just read and know the dangers that come with this hormone free BC option.

s.osborne
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:13 AM
From what I understand it's just like the Mirena, which they just shove up there in the office. It hurts like a bitch for like 3 days and my Mirena actually grew into the wall of my uterus and formed a cyst larger than my ovary which caused me to have emergency surgery. I don't recommend IUD's for anyone.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)