• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BOTTLE AND SIPPY LATE AT NIGHT

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 5:02 PM
  • 6 Replies

I have a 21 month old and a 5 month old both boys my problem is my 21 month old still drinks out of a sippy cup and drinks milk prior to going to bed and sometimes a cup if he wakes up and my 5 month old eats 3 times the most at night i try soothing him to put him back to sleep or play with him till he falls asleep but he's always hungry during the night how do i stop these midnight feedings for both?

by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 5:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
stepconfused182
by Kelley on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:08 PM
Is your 5 month old breastfed or formula fed?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
funhappymom
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:38 AM

I'm sorry, it's been a while since I had to deal with night time feedings but here's a bump.

squeakers2
by Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:42 AM
For the oldest, I would make sure you brush his teeth before bed and only offer water at night. My 3 yr old goes to bed with a cup of water only. She tries to fight it, but its either that or nothing.

For the youngest, not sleeping through the night can be normal till at least a year. My son is almost 5 months, bf, and wakes up about that much.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 2:49 PM

I agree with this.  Water only for the older child and it's absolutely normal for the 5 month old to be hungry during the night, especially if he's going through any sort of growth spurt.  I'd definitely feed him.

Quoting squeakers2:

For the oldest, I would make sure you brush his teeth before bed and only offer water at night. My 3 yr old goes to bed with a cup of water only. She tries to fight it, but its either that or nothing.

For the youngest, not sleeping through the night can be normal till at least a year. My son is almost 5 months, bf, and wakes up about that much.

LancesMom
by Gold Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 10:24 AM

I agree with other Moms. The water would be good before bed and as for feeding the 5 month old this will happen. Tha baby needs to eat, but this will get easier as he gets older and can take more.

RaLeighsMommy11
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 10:26 AM
Only water for the oldest. The milk is going to ruin his teeth! For the youngest it's completely normal to still be up that much
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)