Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need your opinions

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:28 PM
  • 29 Replies
My daughter is 12 and going into the 7th grade next yr.. She is begging me.actually to allow her to wear make.up... I told her I would think about it my husband says never so I can't get an honest response from him.. What age did you or would you allow your girls to start wearing make up?.. just dont know if I'm being too closed minded and not letting her grow.up some... Idk do you think 7th grade is a good age?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hunnybunny2001
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:33 PM
Bump
hunnybunny2001
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:43 PM
Bump
amanda81919
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:45 PM
Idk. Id wait one more year.
LoveTragedyFun
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:45 PM
2 moms liked this

12 is a fine age for clear mascara, clear lip goss.

OliviaW.
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:51 PM
Not sure. I didn't really start until I was in college and now I don't hardly even wear it. I'd wait personally. Maybe have you put a little on her like when you guys are going out somewhere special?
hunnybunny2001
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:55 PM
That's an idea..idk maybe one more yr 13 is about when I started with it.. I just don't know if I'm being too protective I guess..

Quoting OliviaW.:

Not sure. I didn't really start until I was in college and now I don't hardly even wear it. I'd wait personally. Maybe have you put a little on her like when you guys are going out somewhere special?
Karen_S
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I remember starting to wear makeup in 7th or 8th grade (and that was back before kids were growing up so much faster). How about giving in a little, like lip gloss, this year? And foundation if she has acne and is self-conscious about that?

Jessicamarquez
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:33 PM
8th grade, in my opinion. At that age I got to wear it for special occasions still only done by mom to look a little glammed up
MrsJoe125
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:36 PM

I wasn't allowed to wear makeup until age 16.  I let my girls (although one isn't interested) wear makeup at home, my younger one is 12 too.  But I don't let them wear it out in public (we homeschool, so that's not an issue).  I think I would want to wait longer if it were a situation like going to school, where all the ppl "know" her; some ppl (girls or boys) might think that her wearing makeup is a sign that she's trying to attract the opposite sex (or whatever), so I would be concerned about her getting some unwanted attention.

That's my opinion and reason. :-)
Oh, I think I started sneaking makeup at like 14; I thought nobody noticed, but I think I just put it on so responsibly that they let it go, now that I'm a mom.

hunnybunny2001
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:37 PM
I was in the 7th grade when I started using make up also.. but your right kids were kids then through... Now kids are too quick to be grown.. Idk

Quoting Karen_S:

I remember starting to wear makeup in 7th or 8th grade (and that was back before kids were growing up so much faster). How about giving in a little, like lip gloss, this year? And foundation if she has acne and is self-conscious about that?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)