Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please God tell me this is normal behavior...

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:55 PM
  • 7 Replies
Ds is 5. Dd is 10 mos. He has autism and is delayed, but understands most everything said, but he certainly doesn't understand modesty. He decided he desperately wanted a shower (he plugs the hole so it's a half bath half shower). Dd needed a bath so I figure I could get both of them washed. Ds just seemed to be trying to touch his penis to her vagina. It freaked me out. Earlier in the week he tried taking off her diaper. I'm positive he's trying to compare because he has seen me and dh when peeing. But it has me creeped out.

Wtf do I do about this? Is it normal?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 7:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
MissTacoBell
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:26 PM
Bump
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mghtymffn
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:32 PM
1 mom liked this

if you are concerned, then you probably should not bathe them together...........Personally, I wouldn't because they are of different genders................the autism just means that you really need to make sure he is aware that touching is not acceptable.

gcstar42
by Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:33 PM

I have no idea mama. None of my kids has ever done anything more than play with themselves. I would guess it could maybe be normal though, although it is a little weird that he was actually trying to touch them together. Is there any chance he could have caught you and hubby in the act or anything like that?

mama-sita
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 8:36 PM

I don't know.  I've only ever had boys.  Here's a bump for ya.  Good luck!

LilDzMamma2010
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:49 PM

With his condition it sounds like he doesn't understand I would recommend not bathing them together and trying to change her on a changing table or even in a bathroom with the door closed so he doesn't have to triggers or tendencies to do it again. Good luck mamma

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 12:00 AM

I have heard non autistic siblings doing this but any concerns, talk to his ped about the behaviors.  Keep enforcing that we do not touch others in the bikini area or however you may word it for his understanding.

thatgirl70
by Carin on Mar. 10, 2013 at 12:05 AM

I only have one child. I would probably not bathe them together anymore and do my best to explain to him that the touching is not appropriate. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)