Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

should he be crawling by now

Posted by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 5:14 AM
  • 33 Replies
My son is 8 months and can't craw yet. Is that normal or should he be by now.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 5:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LoveTragedyFun
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 5:19 AM
1 mom liked this

What did his doctor say?

Lots of babies NEVER crawl and go straight on to walking.

If you have concerns you should bring it up with his pedi

CJsMommy92
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 6:11 AM

My son didn't crawl until 9months which the pediatrician said is normal for a first child and said he probably wont walk until after a year

weddingcountdown.com
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Yurixsi
by Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 6:16 AM
One of my kids never crawled he went straight to walking.
-PB
by Gold Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:58 AM

Some babies never crawl.  My neighbor's baby never crawled.  Just started walking at 11 months.

audreesmama
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:00 AM
My dd crawled at 9 months, and my ds is crawling now at 6 months. Every baby is different.
erikadi
by Bronze Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:07 AM

Every kid develops differently. He will get it. My son will be 2 years next month and he is not really talking yet.

Megan11587
by Bronze Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:09 AM
No worries. Even if he never crawls it is nothing to fret about. Mine started crawling at 9-10 months
stephwordelman1
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:24 AM

my daughter started crawling i say about 10 months, n she just started from a laying position to sitting up by herself now, she could only sit up when i put her that way, but now she good on sitting, and crawling, she is a year old and not walking yet, the dr not worried unless she turns 15 months n still not walking, but every child is different as they say

almondpigeon
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 12:20 PM
No worries, mama. He's probably fine. My oldest son never crawled, but started walking at 10 months. One of my kids rolled around instead of crawling. Out of 4 kids only actually crawled--and one of those only crawled with 1 leg.
edieda
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:49 AM

This sounds perfectly normal and  please try   not be too  concerned about this, all babies have their own time table on when they will do things, and crawling is one of them, some babies never crawl, they just start pulling up on things and before you know it they are walking. I would check with your pediatrician and see what he or she says if you have more concerns about this issue, than are being addressed here.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)