Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

should i let her go? help plez

Posted by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 5:26 AM
  • 26 Replies
My 5 year old hasn't been very good the last few days she has been talking back and when u tell her to do something u have to tell her 5 or 6 times be4 she does it (if she does it at all) and if u tell her not to do something she looks right at u smiles and does it anyways. My cuisine is haveing a shower 2marrow ( I can't go because I have to work) I have told her she can't go because she hasn't been good but my mom is throwing a fit and telling me that I am not doing the right thing by not letting her go. But I don't know how else to punsh her I have tried taking away her toys time out rewarding her 4 being good and nothing works so should I let her go or not. Please help me don't know what to do
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 5:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommii1434
by New Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 6:00 AM
7 moms liked this
I wouldnt . she shouldn't be.rewarded for bad behavior. simple as that. as for your mom id tell her tough cookies my kid my.rules.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 6:45 AM
2 moms liked this

You have to pick one punishment and stick with it. When she acts up give her one warning and then a 5 minute time-out in a corner or "naughty chair" If you are very consistent she will learn. You already told her she can't go to the shower so don't let her go. I know you don't want to disappoint your mom but you have to follow through with your consequences or she will continue to misbehave. Hugs mama, be strong!

CourtneyReneexo
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 8:30 AM

If shes not listening now, letting her go would just show her that bad behaviour does not matter and she can still do the things she want to.I would have her stay home and miss it, you have to keep trying things until you find out what it is that bothers her to make her behave better.

Pukalani79
by Bronze Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:47 AM

I wouldn't let her go.  You have to be consistent.  That being said, I don't think there is anything wrong with saying "I made a mistake and the punishment was too harsh.  This would be more appropriate..." Why is it so important that a 5 yo go to a shower?

terpmama
by Bronze Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:53 AM
1 mom liked this

If you can't follow directions at home you can't be trusted to follow directions at a party.

MommyofSCC
by Crystall on Mar. 10, 2013 at 12:50 PM

Dont let her go.  it is her punishment.  Stand your ground with both her and your mother

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 1:03 PM
I would not let her go, but a consistant punishment is needed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xoch86
by Bronze Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 1:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Negative... Really, a shower isn't for kids anyway. But that's not the point. A punishment was given, you HAVE to follow through.. Screw your mom she's ur child, simple as that.

MamaSnaps
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 1:07 PM

At that age consequences like not allowing her to go days after the offense is totally worthless. They don't connect their "crime" with the punishment. The correction or punishment for each infraction needs to be immediate. She tells you NO, she sits in the time out chair for 5 minutes. She refuses to pick up her toys I'd put them in a garbage bag in front of her (works great for rewards later!!!) so she thinks they are going out in the trash. If she does what she is told not to do? She sits for 5 minutes. 
She does it because she can and because there is no immediate consequence to what she is doing-so she can. If she did that and it were immediately painful-by way of time out or losing her things-she would stop doing it.  

thatgirl70
by Carin on Mar. 10, 2013 at 2:27 PM

I wouldn't let her go. Your mom needs to mind her own business.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)