Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Advice..

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 12:35 AM
  • 28 Replies

Hello I need advice im pregnant with my second child and im 28 week along. But I barely ever feel the baby move. Is this normal or should i be worried?

by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 12:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 2:10 AM

Have you been in to see the doctor for an ultrasound?  Depending on where the baby is situated you may not feel them move.   Definitely see your doctor about your concerns.

LoveTragedyFun
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 2:11 AM

Ummm call the doctor?

KeriAZ
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 2:54 AM

I would call the Doc. Just voice your concerns.

notjstasocermom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 6:47 AM

Quoting frndlyfn:

Have you been in to see the doctor for an ultrasound?  Depending on where the baby is situated you may not feel them move.   Definitely see your doctor about your concerns.

stepconfused182
by Kelley on Mar. 11, 2013 at 7:43 AM
You should be able to feel the baby moving a lot at this point. When is your next dr visit?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
whoodathunk
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 8:48 AM

Call your doctor.  Mine would make you drink oj and lay still and quiet for 20 minutes.  If you still didn't feel the baby, they would take a listen.  

Briangel
by Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 8:57 AM
I'd call the doc. But could you be too distracted to notice the moving? When I was preg w/my 2nd I had a 2 yr old I was constantly busy with. I would notice light movement when I laid down at night, that was about it (until I was really preg and she was abt 6 lbs.) she came out big & healthy!!
mamamiajk
by Platinum Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:19 AM

I would definately see the doc.....sometimes they are just resting. I had that with my twins

LeetjieJ
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:37 AM
Sometimes, with older children to take care of, you are not as focused as in your first pregnancy and you don't notice the movement that is happening. It is worth mentioning to your doctor, though, just to set your mind at rest.
Roo1234
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:10 AM

I will tell you that if your first child is still young...it may simply be that you are too busy to notice when the baby in utero moves.  Unlike your first pregnancy, this one isn't your sole focus and so a lot of details can slip by.

I voiced a similar concern when I was pregnant with my third, but the doctor pointed out that the baby was very active I was just too busy chasing a 4 and 2 year old to notice.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)