Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Scary Rated R movies....

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 2:24 AM
  • 9 Replies

Once DD has gone to sleep I want to watch something on Netflix that is scary. Sometimes walking dead, or paranormal activity. Now we are working on moving but we are in a 1 bed room apartment so she's in the same room as us. I don't have the volume all the way up but regardless I am worried about the scary noises in the backround "getting" her and giving her bad dreams in her sleep. Am I just being a wierdo or has anyone else heard that "we" should not play movies like this in the backround. I am strict about not having these kinds of movies on when she is awake (she's 22 months old.)

My First Time Mom BLOG, Feel Free to Visit: http://fkoen.blog.com/

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 2:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 2:30 AM

At this age she really wont know what is going on if she does hear it.  Can you move whatever you are watching from into a different room?   We are in a one bedroom apartment as well so dd has grown up with me putting whatever on tv even if she is sleeping.   I dont blast the volume, just have it loud enough i can hear.  I do not like scary films but have watched reality type shows such as Paranormal state.

FaeBrooke
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 2:48 AM

I probably could get head phones and go into the front room. OH duh head phones! I normally fall asleep watching something while DH are watching something else. Not always though.

notjstasocermom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 6:43 AM
1 mom liked this

A weirdo.

MrsJoe125
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 12:26 PM

IDK.  Personally, I wouldn't do it.  We use earbuds on two extending cords (there's a headphones jack on the TV).  IDK about yours, but it might be worth exploring.

-PB
by Gold Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 12:32 PM

This is what I do.  I watch American horror story on my tablet with ear buds.

Quoting MrsJoe125:

IDK.  Personally, I wouldn't do it.  We use earbuds on two extending cords (there's a headphones jack on the TV).  IDK about yours, but it might be worth exploring.

FaeBrooke
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 1:59 PM

I don't think our TV has a headphone jack but I know my laptop does.

Bleacheddecay
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 2:48 PM

I would use headphones too. I might watch on my lap top instead of the TV so I could use headphones.

jabs54
by Platinum Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 3:46 PM

If it were me I would watch it on my laptop with head phones.

BaronSamedi
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 1:14 AM

Scary movies are a great time to teach.  learning to handle fear and control it are life savers.  There are many tactics to use when children have "bad dreams".  One from South east Asia:  when a child has a bad dream the parent asks did the monster give them a present?  The child learns that they can face fear and come out on top.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured