Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms
My step daughter.. supposedly got her period when she was 9? She's 11 now, she had it one day an its never been back?
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 6:10 PM
Replies (41-50):
NoraDun
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 12:07 PM

Thats kinda sad, because if it is abuse step daughter or not, the child deserves to have someone save her from it :( But hopefully there is another explination.

Quoting s.osborne:

I don't know them on a personal level, so I have no idea if that's a possibility. The mom said if it was her full blood daughter she would do something to investigate that possibility, but since it was her step daughter, she wouldn't.

Quoting NoraDun:

My thought, although these days I would even suspect sexual intercourse, or abuse!

Quoting s.osborne:

She may have just "popped her cherry". It happened to me when I was 11 and stretched to far in karate class and it happened to a friend on mine while she was riding a bike. There was blood and it seemed to be a very mild, first period, but we later realized what really happened.

ratchetlee
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 12:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I had my first at 9... and then only had one about every 4-6 months until I was 12,  then it started coming more regular (well more often, I was NEVER regular)

s.osborne
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 12:08 PM

Yea

Quoting NoraDun:

Thats kinda sad, because if it is abuse step daughter or not, the child deserves to have someone save her from it :( But hopefully there is another explination.

Quoting s.osborne:

I don't know them on a personal level, so I have no idea if that's a possibility. The mom said if it was her full blood daughter she would do something to investigate that possibility, but since it was her step daughter, she wouldn't.

Quoting NoraDun:

My thought, although these days I would even suspect sexual intercourse, or abuse!

Quoting s.osborne:

She may have just "popped her cherry". It happened to me when I was 11 and stretched to far in karate class and it happened to a friend on mine while she was riding a bike. There was blood and it seemed to be a very mild, first period, but we later realized what really happened.

Kazmira222
by Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 12:10 PM
I started my period at 9 yo and have been having it ever sense.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gabrielle1982
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 12:44 PM

That happened to me.  Got mine when I was 10 and didn't get it again until I was 12.  When I was 10 I was heavier and that same summer I grew and lost a lot of weight.  Looking back and hearing how body weight can bring about early puberty, I wonder if that is what happened.  By the age of 12 I got back up to the weight I was when I was 10, which was a healthy weight at 12.

angeleyes16
by New Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 1:20 PM

I started mine at 10 and I didn't get another one for another 6 months. I do know for sure it was a real period. I bled for a whole week heavily, and I had horrible cramps. 

iHEAVENn
by Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 1:22 PM

I had my first one at 9..... then it stopped for a good year or more. When it came back it surprised the heck out of me lol 

MomTiara19
by Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 1:22 PM

This same thing happened to a friend of mines daughter.The doctor told her it wasnt her real period and had a name for it(sorry cant remember).

It did come at age 11....was still erratic in nature.It didnt become more predictable and timely until she was 12.

Take her to the doctor to be sure though.

pmumphrey
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 1:26 PM

I had my first at 10yrs for 2 days, and then it went away until I was 12. I was taken to the doctor, and was told everything was ok, but of course, take you child to the doctor because each person's body is different.

hplesha
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 1:31 PM
I started mine on my 10th birthday
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN