Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do you keep your dogs up to date on their shots? do you feel it is important to do so?

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 10:52 PM
  • 24 Replies

i was talking with a co worker the other night, and we were discussing whether or not it is important to keep your dog up to date on their shots...what are your thoughts? do you keep them up to date? or not vaccinate at all? what are the pros and cons?

by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 10:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Matriarch87
by Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 10:54 PM
Yes.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sabrtooth1
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 11:09 PM
Yes, and yes.
crazy4u49033
by Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 11:17 PM
Yes! Not only for my doggie's health, but because the place we board him while we are on vacation requires it.
robbinsroost
by Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 11:23 PM

We will be getting a dog very soon and plan to stay up to date on vaccinations. Our dog will travel with us and I want to protect it as well as others.

My cat is 18 and I have not been the best at getting her shots. She is 18 and stays inside. She got a rabies vaccine and one other so she could be boarded a couple night 1 1/2 years ago. 3 years before that she got a rabies vax. She has has antibiotics twice in 18 years. One was because she caught a virus from a mouse she caught and the other was for an abscess.

Donya90
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 11:49 PM

I used to have a regular vet. However, everytime I went in...I would be told that the bill would be around $60. Id go to pick up my dog and the bill would be twice that if not more. This happend EVERYTIME! My dog would be given "tests" that I didnt ask for. Finally after 5 years I stopped going. Mostly, B/C I became very ill and could no longer afford such expense. I dont like picking between my meds or the dogs, but Im sorry, I love my daughter doggie and our old salt dog, but I come first. However, I do think its important to get the most important biggie shots.I found that our Ag store has a vet that comes in twice a week to give "maintenance meds" to dogs. Its much cheapter, I know EXACTLY what I am paying for. He doesnt "pad" the bill with un needed tests when my dogs are healthy. I do think getting the big shots, and heartworm meds with tick and flea management is important. Dogs feel pain and discomfort just as we do. Dont get a dog if your not going to have interaction with them, feed them right, and keep up with basic medical care, and also emergency care. I dont understand people who get a dog and treat it terrible. I would prefer an evening with my dog than some people and family I know! LOL!

unspecified42
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 12:04 AM

Ummm....of course. 

LilDzMamma2010
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 12:29 AM
yes and yes
jessica1078
by Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 12:40 AM
yes- we do most shots ourself too.
dom3269
by Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 12:42 AM

Yes absolutely. If you have dogs, you have to take care of them which includes getting them their shots, vaccinations, checkups, and I get mine groomed! I just love them so much, they are part of my family!

mommyof11050307
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 12:46 AM
Two of my dogs get all the shots and my other dog only gets the rabies shot. She has reaction to all the other shots.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured