Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

**UPDATE...what should we believe?** 3 yr old step daughter molested!!

Posted by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 67 Replies
My 3yr old sd started telling us she was being touched this summer. We contacted social services, they didnt even investigate stating "theres no proof and the child isn't naming anyone." i took her to the dr at that time and she told the doctor it was a kitty touching her bottom. we told her mom and mom became ANGERY and stated "shes a liar!!" now she finally told us its mom's boyfriend and is telling us VERY GRAPHIC details. I contacted social services. I also called a child therapist but they said they cant see her for 2 weeks. she has to go back to moms on sunday. any suggestions on other steps we can take or resources we can contact?? we didnt contact her mom because she was upset when we tried to tell her before we even knew it was her boyfriend. i asked sd if she told her mom and she said yes. :( according to court order, we have to return her to her mother. we feel like we cant protect her!!!!!!! :,( =============================================================== I CALLED THE POLICE, TALKED WITH AN INVESTIGATOR. I BROUGHT HER TO A PEDITRICIAN, SHE TOLD THE DOCTOR HE TOUCHES HER. I CALLED FATHERS RESOURCE PROGRAM, SOMEPLACE SAFE AND CPS AGAIN. THEY SUGGESTED I CALL THE POLICE AND TALK TO AN OFFICER ABOUT KEEPING HER EVEN THOUGH WE WOULD BE BREAKING COURT ORDER. THE OFFICER WAS A JERK! HE SAID WE HAVE TO SEND HER HOME UNTIL THEY INVESTIGATE AND IF WE DIDN'T ABIDE HE WOULD TAKE HER TO A FOSTER HOME UNTIL WE ALL COOPERATE!! WE JUST WANT HER SAFE. SHE WENT HOME TONIGHT :( MOMS BOYFRIEND HAS BEEN SENDING THREATENING MESSAGES TO MY HUSBAND. THE OFFICER SAID THERES NOTHING HE CAN DO ABOUT THAT EITHER?! BM WAS CRYING AND SAID "HOW CAN YOU DO THIS TO ME? SHES JUST A LIAR! YOU'RE RUINING MY LIFE!" MY HUSBAND TOLD HER "ITS NOT ABOUT YOU, ITS ABOUT OUR DAUGHTER!" THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR ADVICE AND CONCERN. SADLY, I LOST ALL FAITH IN THE SYSTEM. SINCE WHEN SHOULD A CHILD GO BACK TO AN UNSAFE ENVIRONMENT UNTIL INVESTIGATION IS THROUGH? SHOULDNT SHE GO TO A SAFE ENVIRONMENT UNTIL THEY INVESTIGATE? IM SO FRUSTRATED, SAD, SCARED FOR HER.... THANKS AGAIN MAMAS!!!!!!!!!! ====================================================================== last night all parties involved were told if we didnt all cooperate sd would be placed in foster care. law enforcement called me this morning. bm is being forced to take sd to a psychiatrist specializing in toddler/preschooler sexual assualt (isnt it sad something like this has to exist?!). Sadly she is still around mom's boyfriend until he is proven guilty....does that make sense?! If sd wont talk today the case gets dropped, if she does talk then they interview all of us. the officer told me "baby steps". shouldnt they be taking leaps and bounds to ensure a 3 year olds safety?!?!?!?!?! get this.....the officer told me that bm is trying to blame my 7 year old son!!!!!!!!!!!!! what kind of sick pathetic brat protects her boyfriend instead of her own child not to mention destroys another childs life to save her worthless boyfriend. now my son has to be questioned. how scary for him :( im so angry! +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ SD HAD HER INTERVIEWS YESTERDAY. BM CLAIMS THAT EVEN THOUGH SD STATED THAT HE TOUCHES HER, THAT THE PROFESSIONALS WERE 100% CERTAIN SHE IS LYING. BM CLAIMS THAT SINCE SD IS TALKING SO SEXUAL SHE HAS TO GO INTO FOSTER CARE UNTIL WE ARE ALL INVESTIGATED. THEN SHE ASKED MY HUSBAND TO TAKE SD FOR THE WEEKEND BECAUSE SHE HAS PLANS AND THAT SD WILL START FOSTER CARE ON MONDAY......DOES THAT MAKE SENSE?! SHE SAID THAT HER BOYFRIEND WAS PROVEN INNOCENT YET HE IS NOT ALLOWED TO BE AROUND SD OR BM'S OTHER DAUGHTER. BM ALSO SAID HER OTHER DAUGHTER IS GOING TO FOSTER CARE TOO.....WOULDNT THAT GIRLS FATHER GET TO TAKE HER?? HES NOT INVOLVED IN THIS AT ALL. NO COPS OR CPS HAS CONTACTED US YET. IF SHE WAS BEING PLACED IN FOSTER CARE WOULDNT SOMEONE BE REQUIRED TO TELL MY HUSBAND AND ALSO TELL HIM THAT THEY WANT TO INVESTIGATE US? BM TOLD US THAT WHEN WE HAVE SD THIS WEEKEND THAT THE INVESTIGATORS HAVE ADVISED NO ONE TALK TO SD ABOUT THE ALLEGED MOLESTATION AND IF SHE BRINGS IT UP CHANGE THE SUBJECT. AN HOUR LATER BM TEXTED MY HUSBAND AND SAID "I JUST RECORDED HER SAYING THAT YOU TOUCH HER." HOW DID SHE KNOW WHEN TO RECORD IF SHE WASNT TALKING TO HER ABOUT IT?? SOUNDS LIKE SHE IS PROMPTING HER.
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ZakkarysMom
by Silver Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 12:03 AM
What did social services say this time? I wouldn't want her going back there but as you said there is a court order. Poor baby. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KailesMommy
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 12:04 AM
I would find out the ladt time it was done, i know with that it may be hard. But take her to the er and tell she is having to go back with the mom and bf she has told mom and he is still doing it. You want to make sure she is ok.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Steph1499
by Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 12:08 AM
2 moms liked this

You call the police for a non emergency call.  They will come out and speak to you.  They will not speak to the child but get the ball going on a doc visit and a theripist visit. This usually happens all in the same day.  This is how it works in Florida. I dont know how it works where you are but I would call the police and them what she is saying and you fear for her safety.  

MamaSnaps
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 12:11 AM
3 moms liked this

Take her to the ER and have her examined. 

Go to family court and file a petition to modify visitation and custody tomorrow. 

Call and make an immediate consult with a lawyer. The initial consult is free and he or she will be able to tell you what you can do for immediate relief. It's PROBABLY going to involve making a police report against the mom and boyfriend immediately.

Make sure you tell the lawyers it's an emergency when you call and explain. You'll find one who whill consult with you immediately-just keep calling until you do! 

woodswalker
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 4:21 AM

Quoting Steph1499:

You call the police for a non emergency call.  They will come out and speak to you.  They will not speak to the child but get the ball going on a doc visit and a theripist visit. This usually happens all in the same day.  This is how it works in Florida. I dont know how it works where you are but I would call the police and them what she is saying and you fear for her safety.  

this.

MumsTheWord571
by Gold Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 4:23 AM
1 mom liked this
Emergency custody order and call the police! Make a report! NOW!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KRIZZ25
by Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 6:31 AM
I WOULD TELL MOM THAT SHE IS SICK WTH THE FLUE AND CANT COME OVER..OR JUST SAY SHE CANT COME OVER TILL WE CLEAR THIS UP.
stashia
by Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 9:30 AM

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

What did social services say this time? I wouldn't want her going back there but as you said there is a court order. Poor baby. :(

social services just said they would file the report. thats all they told me. :( i called them back and asked if they had a nurse that would talk to sd but no one returned my call.
stashia
by Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 9:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting KRIZZ25:

I WOULD TELL MOM THAT SHE IS SICK WTH THE FLUE AND CANT COME OVER..OR JUST SAY SHE CANT COME OVER TILL WE CLEAR THIS UP.

her mom has sole physical custody and we have joint legal. the judge stated children are best off with their mother when we went to court for 50/50. he dismissed the fact that mom has a long history of meth abuse. legally (according to the police dept and social services) we have to follow court order and return her to mom. luckily mom doesnt know we reported this and we convinced her to let us keep sd for a week.
shannon.m.park
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 10:07 AM
2 moms liked this

call the cops... take her to the dr.. call cps... and keep track of EVERYTHING

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN