Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

What are your family’s epic adventures?

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:35 PM
  • 203 Replies
1 mom liked this

Nothing compares to spending quality time with family!

We recently gave moms Quaker Big Chewy Granola Bars to help keep their on-the-go families fueled for everyday adventures big and small.

Tell us about your family! What sort of adventures do you enjoy?

Sincerely,

The CafeMom Team

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
beadingmom17
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:35 PM
I have 2 girls...Sarah is 6 and Lexi is 4.5. They seems to be constantly hungry, LOL! Sarah is in kindergarten and we're always trying to find a yummy, healthy snack for her to take to school. After school snacks are just as important with church and after-school activities we have!

We live very close to a zoo and hold a membership there, so we pack snacks and will go walk around for a couple hours on nice days :) We also like to take our dog for a walk or visit one of the many parks that are around us!

We are so excited to have been chosen for the influencer!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RatherBeReading

Thank you for the opportunity to check this product out! I look forward to getting them and trying them.

I am Rebecca, a stay at home, homeschooling mom to 3 daughters, ages 10, almost 9, and 5. We enjoy playing outside pretty much everyday, and going on long walks. We live in an area with a good number of hiking wildlife trails, and they all enjoy going. A good, filling snack is essensial before we set out, as we have been known to get lost and a mile long trail gets doubled. ;) We will be going on a hike tomorrow, to see if any of the spring flowers have bloomed.  

We really love Quaker oatmeal, and have it for breakfast a couple times a week, at least. I hope we enjoy the Big Chewy Granola Bars as much as we enjoy the oatmeal.

othermom
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:35 PM

I have three kids. My son Eayn is almost 10, and my girls are Melila age 7 and Ann Marie age 3.  My kids are busy playing a lot and are hungry often. I try to find healthy snacks for them that work for on the go.  Right now they don't really have to many activities other than school. But we go to the park often, to the river, and on walks. We have a road trip and camping planned for this summer as well. Also in the fall my son has football.

We are thrilled to be part of this influencer.

mommaFruFru
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:35 PM
I have 3 very active boys! Jackson (6.5), Stuart (4.5) and Lee (15mo).

We are not involved in any sports. Just regular old playing outside here! The boys love going to grandparents houses and running free with the puppies!

It is very important to me to know the snacks I give them are filling and healthy! Especially when no one wants to come in from having fun outside!

I also love it for my 15mo when we are volunteering at the boys school, it's something I can give him with little mess while toddler-wearing! That and a cheese stick and apple slices and he has a pretty good lunch, even when we are not at home!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heavensdaughter

Hey, I'm Anne.  I'm really excited to be a part of this influencer program!

I have 6 wonderful girl children, ages 16, 15, 13, 11, 4, and 2 and they are all extremely busy busy.

My oldest daughter is very active in drama and music.  She competes in show choir, does chorus, plays guitar, and loves art and writing.  She also is working as a hostess at a restaurant now along with staying busy with school work.  DD2 is a child lover.  She loves to babysit, read, and watch her boyfriend playing hockey.  She is also very devoted to her schooling and has a summer job making fishing lures with her uncle.  DD3 is a sports fanatic.  She loves going to all of our local games along with being involved in soccer and track.  She loves anything outdoors and once summer calls she goes running.  DD4 is my little ball of fire.  She loves to run and try new things, anything she can get into or get up to she's all for it.  She loves to go hunting and work in the garage with her dad, play with friends, and swim.  DD5&6 are my babies and they love to keep me company doing whatever I am doing.  We spend as much time outdoors as the weather allows, swimming gardening sledding, riding trikes and scooters.  They also love dress up, play dough, hide and seek, trips to the library and reading.  And anything that keeps heir minds and bodies busy.

The whole family is so excited for summer to come.  We are planning on doing a lot of local fun.  We are getting a family pass to the water park and the zoo and live only a block from our park and from the library.  My kids are so wonderful and summer is like a mystery waiting to be unwrapped.  I'm very excited about DD1's photography.  She's been taking some pictures for some local seniors for their Senior pictures and they have been so fabulous.  She finds the most unique places to take them and they are such a fresh perspective.  I'm very proud of her.  She is also planning on fundraising for her trip to Costa Rica with her Spanish class the following summer.  DD3 is busy studying for her drivers exam.  So this summer should prove to be almost as busy as the school year has been!

I am really excited about the Big Chewy Granola Bars!  With my kids appetite, a small snack is never big enough.  And granola bars are the perfect snack for kids on the go.  I can give them something I know they will enjoy and eat without slowing them down.

acrogodess
First, I would like to thank Cafemom and Quaker for inviting us to join this influencer.

My son Alexander will be 12 next week. My daughter Olivia turned 10 yesterday.

The kids love to play at the park. They walk their dog daily. We just bought a volleyball. We will also be buying a soccer ball. They both already love to play basketball and handball. They love playing various dancing games and sports games on the Xbox Kinect. We homeschool and just moved back to the NYC area so we will be doing plenty of walking.

This weekend we will be going to the Bronx Zoo and we can't wait. One of these weeks as the weather gets nicer we will be planning a trip to the Botanical Gardens. My daughter has never been to the Museum of Natural History, so we are all looking forward to that and when we can we will be going for a picnic to Central Park.

Olivia is going through a growth spurt. I keep plenty of Quaker items on hand for them both. Granola bars, instant oatmeal, the soft and chewy cookies. Alexander and I love the banana nut cookies. Olivia loves the chocolate chunk ones. With two growing preteens, it's important to me to keep healthy portable snacks on hand and Quaker is a brand I trust.

Olivia dreams big and hopes to one day be a world famous skateboarder a'la Tony Hawks. She also plans to someday be a Nobel Prize winning biochemist.

Alexander hopes to either build cities or run his own pizza shop or be a world famous
critic. Lol. It takes plenty of fuel to build those dreams. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
birdiemom
Hi! My name is Allison and I have 2 children. A 13 year old daughter, Kaytlin, and an almost 13 month old son,

My daughter is always on the go, with friends and school. She loves playing ice hockey, street hockey, and cheerleading. She is planning on trying out for cheer and field hockey in the fall. My son is 13 months. That should be enough to explain his energy level, lol. Some days I am thankful he goes to daycare so they can help burn up his over abundance of energy.

Our family likes to go on day trips to the zoo or a museum, and I hope that we can get out to some of our state parks for hiking!

Having healthy snacks is very important to me. If the kids are tired or hungry, no one is able to enjoy themselves.

We used to go camping a lot, and hope to start again now that my son is a little older. My daughter would make up animals by the noises we would hear, create forts out of sticks and leaves for her dolls, and cook all sorts of mud pies.

I am excited to try Quaker's new granola bars, as we already enjoy Quaker's other products and bars. It will be a good excuse to toss them in the diaper bag and take a nice long walk!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ilovemyboys84
by Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:35 PM

i have four boys! they are 9 1/2, 7,5 1/2 and 3! they love anything zombies lol and they like do rn around outside and play on the trampoline. they eat what seems to be non stop lol. they love most fruits so usually thats my go to snack. we love going to the parks and walking the rils in woods. we are looking forward to going to the aquarium soon as well as the zoo!

mom2the.rescue
by Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:35 PM

I'm Stacia & I'm a busy mom to 4 kids ages 11, 9, 5 & 2.  We are very active as a family.  With baseball season starting, I need quick snacks to bring along for the kids while they watch their siblings' games and granola bars are perfect.  Anything easy like that is a lifesaver for me, and it doesn't hurt if the kids like what they're eating ;)

bmw29

I have one 11 year old son who is constantly on the go. He rides horses, swims and plays ball among other things. We go on a lot of homeschool field trips so sometimes we are stuck in the car for a good bit of the day and having snacks handy is a must. We are excited to try out the Big Chewy Granola bars because we enjoy Quaker products quite a bit. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN