Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Are you and DH financially compatible?

Posted by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 11:44 PM
  • 38 Replies

Omigosh, DH and I are so different! 

He really is the spender, always has been. I am more frugal. I fell very quickly into the martyr mommy thing when I stayed home, not feeling like having much money power.

Once I started working again last year, I started feeling finanically independent again and now feel okay to buy nice things for myself. 

I still enjoy couponing though, and making sure to find deals on things. But I just don't feel so guilty about whatever it is.  :)

We somehow work really well together, sometimes I don't know how lol! We're trying to get him better, he just likes to have THINGS!

I could go either way. What about you guys?

by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 11:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rayroe2
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 11:46 PM

for the most the part...he will not think before hand sometimes and neitherwill I so we learned to take the care from each other and give limits. If we slip we don't get mad because it is just money more will come. We both love money so when we dont have it we get moody.

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Mar. 13, 2013 at 11:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Omigosh that sounds more like him lol!

I really could go either way. 

When we met I had no debt, owned my car, rented a quaint little place. I mean, I didn't have the NICEST stuff but I am a happy person in general and was just stoked to be.

He is almost filling voids all the time. It's been exhausting but getting better. Especially now that we make equal pay. 

Quoting rayroe2:

for the most the part...he will not think before hand sometimes and neitherwill I so we learned to take the care from each other and give limits. If we slip we don't get mad because it is just money more will come. We both love money so when we dont have it we get moody.

blessedmommie07
by Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 11:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Exact same way. DH spends and spends. But now I've taught him how to caught back quite a bit and what is really important from what he wants. He is doing pretty good about spending now and not really any big purchases anymore. I was taught to spend your money wisely so sometimes it is hard to spend money on myself.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
luvemboth
by Silver Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 11:49 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm super frugal and he's very spur of the moment, but we respect each other so we balance each other out really well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Mar. 13, 2013 at 11:54 PM

For the most part. We mess up at times, but quickly move past it.

rayroe2
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 12:01 AM
1 mom liked this

LOL! yeah you sound more like my DH! he has no debt, owns his car, and rents a nice little house but he didn't know how to save money lol ..and I moved in bad credit, no job, etc...I knew how to save money...so it works out in its own weird way.

Quoting AM-BRAT:

Omigosh that sounds more like him lol!

I really could go either way. 

When we met I had no debt, owned my car, rented a quaint little place. I mean, I didn't have the NICEST stuff but I am a happy person in general and was just stoked to be.

He is almost filling voids all the time. It's been exhausting but getting better. Especially now that we make equal pay. 

Quoting rayroe2:

butterflymommy2
by Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 12:04 AM
1 mom liked this
We don't have money to just spend... So we do as good as we can with what we do have. And we are always looking for ways to save and/ or make more.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Spoiled_Blonde
by Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 12:38 AM

Hahaha! I for sure am the spender! He knew what he was marrying.. lol We do good though. No credit cards or any other debt besides our 2 car payments. =)

Manoloblanikgrl
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 12:51 AM

I'm the spender for sure...but we save for individual wants....I'm just bad at target...they should not allow me to go there...ever!

sidneyb
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 1:08 AM
I am in control of the money we would be broke otherwise
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)