Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Any tips for on-going diaper rash?? **UPDATE**

Posted by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 12:45 PM
  • 57 Replies
1 mom liked this
It's on and off for last few months. Tried desitin, Vaseline, 2 dif prescription creams for yeast (doc doesn't think that's it), antibiotic ointment, baby powder. I let it air dry as much as possible. Doc doesn't think it's the diaper cuz the rash will go away for a couple days at a time.

Anything out there that worked for your lo??

***UPDATE***
Well no cream worked. We tried it all. We didn't change diapers/wipes/soap, and the rash has been gone for a week. So none of that was causing the rash. About a week ago when the rash disappeared, it was right after she got sick and started refusing her food. She was still drinking formula, so that wasn't the cause either. I thought about what was in her diet, she was eating applesauce every day (it's the only fruit she likes). I know oranges always gave my son a rash, I'm assuming from the acidity. I looked up apples and found out they are acidic too (containing malic acid). I did not know this, or I may have eliminated it from her diet sooner.
If I try to give her apple sauce, apple juice or diced apples I will be sure to etch if the rash comes back, then I will be sure that was the problem.
I never thought applesauce could be the culprit, but with process of elimination, that seems to be it! Thank you all for your suggestions.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 12:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 12:49 PM
Dry desitin or something like it on with a hair dryer. I did if it was bad. Are you sure it isn't yeast??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CJsMommy92
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 12:49 PM
2 moms liked this

Aquaphor 

weddingcountdown.com
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

chelsone
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 12:51 PM
We like boudreuxs butt paste. Funny name i know, but it works
Briangel
by Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 12:54 PM
I took her 3 times to get it checked out, I didn't know if it was yeast. The first cream they gave us did nothing, the 2nd one made it worse! The 3rd time they gave us a ton of the 1st cream we tried and said to use it 1x/day. It doesn't help. :(
They did suggest hydrocortisone cream for under the belly button area. It cleared right up but they said we can't use that in diaper area.

Quoting atlmom2:

Dry desitin or something like it on with a hair dryer. I did if it was bad. Are you sure it isn't yeast??

Briangel
by Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 12:55 PM
I was looking at that, didn't know if it worked. I may give that a try.

Quoting chelsone:

themissheather
by Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 12:57 PM
I've had success with breastmilk.
FlyingMommy747
by Silver Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 12:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Change diapers and wipes, when my DD was in diapers she could not wear Pampers, go figure.  Also put some baking soda in her bath.

Briangel
by Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 12:58 PM
I know someone that happened to. I just find it odd that she develop a rash from a diaper she's worn since the day she was born! Rash didn't start until about 5-6 mo. Did that happen w/your kids?

Quoting MissIz:

Try different diapers, and wipes.

My first son got really bad rashes from every brand of diaper I could find except Target. My second son is fine with everything but LUVS and Huggies. 

chelsone
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 12:58 PM
1 mom liked this
My son has had a slight diaper rash once or twice. We used that and it was gone by the end of the day. We used to use desitin to prevent diaper rashes. Butt now we dont. He seems to be fine.

Quoting Briangel:

I was looking at that, didn't know if it worked. I may give that a try.

Quoting chelsone:

kayk91
by Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 12:59 PM
Hmm a&d worked for my guy.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)