Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

7 Ways to Feel Sexier That Have Nothing to Do With Sex - What do you do to feel sexier?

Posted by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 1:51 PM
  • 3 Replies

7 Ways to Feel Sexier That Have Nothing to Do With Sex

by Kristen Chase

7 ways to make yourself feel sexierAs a sex book author, moms often ask me how they can feel sexier, which they somehow think means lube and sex toys and weird bedroom contraptions.

On the contrary, feeling sexier has little to do with the act of sex and more about taking time to care for yourself physically and emotionally. Here are 7 easy ways to make that happen that you might not have thought about.

1. Get a wax: No, not necessarily a Brazilian wax, or even your lover's initials shaved into your pubic hair. Just a little attention to your nethers, whether it's by you or a paid professional, can make you feel great.

2. Exercise: As much as I dread going for a run or doing a workout DVD, I can pretty much say that I feel so much better after I do it 100% of the time. Gotta love those endorphins.

3. Go for a bra fitting: While this might cost you a bit of money, it's so worth getting a professional bra fitting. It can make you look thinner (if that's something you're interested in) and can make your girls look perkier.

4. Have a blow-out: I always feel great when I leave the hair salon, so why not get that feeling more often. It doesn't cost that much to go in and get your hair washed and blown-out. A small price to pay for looking great, even if it's just for a couple of days.

5. Buy new shoes: Now I'm not talking about a new pair of Crocs or running shoes, but you don't have to go splurge on crazy stilettos you'll never wear either. Sometimes just a nice, new pair of stylish shoes can change your whole outlook.

6. Put on some make-up: There's just something about a little bit of blush, a lot of mascara, and a bright lip that makes me feel put together, like I can tackle anything. And to me, power is sexy.

7. Accessorize: Throw on a pretty scarf, pop in some earrings, or pull out that fabulous necklace you've been saving for a special occasion. I always feel fantastic when I've got a little bling on, and I won't lie: the compliments I get don't hurt.

What sexy things do you do for yourself that have nothing to do with sex?

by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 1:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
ELFs_Mommy
by Bronze Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 1:57 PM
I always feel sexier when I have my nails done. Even if its just a clear coat of polish on my natural nails.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SweetLuci
by Silver Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 7:09 PM

Having my hair and nails done.

Jerichos_Mommy
by Bronze Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 9:52 PM
I don't
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)