Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Confused

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 4:05 AM
  • 11 Replies

I was just thinking would any of you ladies go back to a man that constantly beats you over and over again? I know I wouldn't my aunt for some reason the guys she dates constanly beats her the last guy put her in the hospital and it happened again 2days ago and she is back with the guy my family and I don't know what to do with her should we just give up what should we do? and she has 2kids bt they are split one is with the guy that beats her and the other with my grandma ughhh dont know what to do

by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 4:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amonkeymom
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 3:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't, but some women seem to be attracted to the same type of man.  They don't change until they are ready to.

akroeget203
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 3:56 PM
2 moms liked this
Its a very dumb thing to do. But some people don't see it like that. Please don't give up on her keep trying to make her see what is going on and help her in any and every way u can. U might just end up saving her life. Good luck and my thoughts and prayers r with her and your family
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 4:48 PM

In many States if the police are called and there are ANY marks on her, even scratches, they can and will arrest him, even if she says nothing happened. Then typically the case will be dropped if she wont speak up, but he will at least spend some time in jail until he can bail out. I would call the police every time you hear of it.

Pukalani79
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 4:50 PM

Dont give up on her.  He's likely beaten her down not just physically but emotionally and mentally as well.  She needs your support.

DragonMother10
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 4:57 PM
I'd kill a man if he were to beat me. As for your aunt, she isn't the only woman who goes back with an abusive man. She is probably scared to leave him and think she loves him. Don't give up on her! You and her family are her only hope. I don't know why most families wouldn't fight this to save someone who is in an abusive relationship. Doesn't matter if she says she loves him, etc., because that's not love and women in those situation are blind. It's time to find a way to get her to leave him. Hopefully you can throw him in jail. She should have a protective order against him. She can't fight against him, but someone needs to put a stop to this before it gets any worse. Her children need their mother to be healthy and safe.
belindah
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 5:49 PM

I was with an abusive jerk for years, in fact hes the father of my kids.  i would leave then go back etc. finally it got to the point that i was done, he wasnt done, in fact hes in jail right now for domestic violence against his another woman.  be there for your aunt. statistics say it take the average abused woman seven times of trying to leave before she actually does

Zazayam
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 6:48 PM
2 moms liked this

You end up stuck in relationships like that. It's really easy to say that it would never happen to you until it does, abuse is much much deeper then the bruises.

I'm sorry your aunt is going through this and I hope she finds some help.

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Mar. 17, 2013 at 3:35 AM
1 mom liked this

i couldnt..but some woman are just attracted to that kind of "man"..and they are to beaten down, and think they arent worthy enuff of someone good! i wouldnt give up on her tho..she needs you guys, whether she thinks so or not .

Happinessinlove
by New Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 3:56 AM
1 mom liked this

No way, One man hit me once and that was it -- I left and never looked back even though he begged me and said it will never happen again.. I knew it would and i knew it would get worse so I didnt want to die and get hurt by a man. If my husband hit me, its done.. I cant have my child around that and think its okay. There is nothing you really can do. She has to be the one to say im done and leave. I hope she does because no one deserves to get beat by someone they love. just be there for her as best you can for support.

nates-mommy
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 8:03 AM
Have her commited...shes gonna find a guy who doesn't stop with a couple of slaps..I'll pray for her
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)