Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Mom needs a little privacy! Vent!

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:36 PM
  • 35 Replies
1 mom liked this

Any other moms get zero time and privacy to themselves? I cant change my clothes, use the bathroom or take a shower without an audience. I got home from the grocery store this morning and went to change my clothes. I turned around to find my hubby and 21 month old daughter crawling behind me playing "tigers" and watching me change. Then I went to use the restroom and had a chihuahua crawling up my leg and my dd trying to crawl into my lap. Later on, as I'm pulling apart rotisserie chicken for dinner later, my stepson is asking me if I like his new dance moves and my dd is pulling my pants down. Oh the joys of motherhood! 

by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Zazayam
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 6:52 PM

lol yep, I get up crazy early to have the mornings to myself. Even the animals are still sleeping usually :)

Pukalani79
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 6:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Me too! I usually get up at least an hour before everyone else.

Quoting Zazayam:

lol yep, I get up crazy early to have the mornings to myself. Even the animals are still sleeping usually :)

StacyO722
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 7:15 PM

All day, every day. DH calls DD my "Cling-on" lol. I have my alone time after she goes to bed. DH tends to go to bed early too, so I get to watch my lame tv shows I record all alone :) 

MJP76
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 9:57 PM
1 mom liked this

It's funny that people still expect privacy after having children..... Or pets....LOL

I do get privacy, but only when everyone is at school and work. But even still with my two youngest being 10 and 15 I still can't go to the bathroom without someone knocking on the door..its just expected.

Txlisa7969
by Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:00 PM
10 moms liked this

Bmat
by Barb on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh yeah. Clear in my mind is the time I had run a nice bubble bath and settled in for a good quiet soak, and my little one came in dragging a stool and a book and sat on the stool beside the tub and "read" the book to me. Too funny. :)

Txlisa7969
by Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:02 PM

Btw I have a hubby, 15 y/o daughter, 13 y/o daughter, 6 y/o son, a dog and two cats.  I still never get to use the bathroom alone lol.  Even when everyone is at work and school the animals follow me around.  I figure at least I know I am loved!

Bmat
by Barb on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:07 PM
2 moms liked this

LOL!! I know what you mean about the cats. I have three, and every time I walk into the bathroom, three cats follow me in. And sometimes one or two won't be around and I think well good I'll have the bathroom to myself, only to find that they are already in there having seen where I was headed. LOL!

Quoting Txlisa7969:

Btw I have a hubby, 15 y/o daughter, 13 y/o daughter, 6 y/o son, a dog and two cats.  I still never get to use the bathroom alone lol.  Even when everyone is at work and school the animals follow me around.  I figure at least I know I am loved!

Bmat
by Barb on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:28 PM

rolling on floorThis is hilarious!

Quoting Txlisa7969:

JoeMax
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:39 AM
No privacy for me either. I have two boys and my dh. I finally told my boys that when mommy is changing clothes, or bathing/going potty mommy needs it yo be private. Most of the time they listen, but they still mess with the door and bug me to come out quicker. Sometimes they still manage to get through the door and I have to kick them out. And believe it or not, my dh is just as bad as my boys. I can't wait until the downstairs bathroom is finally remodeled, it WILL be a mommy only space lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)