Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom needs a little privacy! Vent!

Any other moms get zero time and privacy to themselves? I cant change my clothes, use the bathroom or take a shower without an audience. I got home from the grocery store this morning and went to change my clothes. I turned around to find my hubby and 21 month old daughter crawling behind me playing "tigers" and watching me change. Then I went to use the restroom and had a chihuahua crawling up my leg and my dd trying to crawl into my lap. Later on, as I'm pulling apart rotisserie chicken for dinner later, my stepson is asking me if I like his new dance moves and my dd is pulling my pants down. Oh the joys of motherhood! 

by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 2:36 PM
Replies (31-35):
Tranla
by Elisabeth on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:25 PM
What is this privacy you speak of? I used to be able to get time to myself after the kids were to bed. Then I foolishly agreed to getting a puppy.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MysticIceWater
by Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Im putting this on both bathroom doors lol

Quoting Txlisa7969:

stepconfused182
by Kelley on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:44 PM

Haha, the kids always want the pet and the mom always takes care of it!

Quoting Tranla:

What is this privacy you speak of? I used to be able to get time to myself after the kids were to bed. Then I foolishly agreed to getting a puppy.

GleekingOut
by Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 7:40 AM

My oldest is 21 and she's only JUST stopped barging into the bathroom to ask me for something. My younger 3 - it doesn't matter whether DH is out there, or DD21, regardless of if either of them say "Wait outside until mum comes back" they ignore everyone and go in anyway. So a few months ago I said "If you come into the bathroom to dob - both the dobber and the rule breaker will be punished, If you come into the bathroom to hand me the phone - you will be banned from answering the phone for a week, If you come into the bathroom to ask me a question the answer will be an automatic no." They're slowly getting better. Although DD21 is super big on her privacy and all I had to do was start barging in on her and she stopped. I told her that if she wanted me to give her privacy at all - she had to give me some.

Tranla
by Elisabeth on Mar. 21, 2013 at 3:17 AM
In my case, it was the big kid I married that begged for the pet. LOL

Quoting stepconfused182:

Haha, the kids always want the pet and the mom always takes care of it!

Quoting Tranla:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured