Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Portable DVD player Philips

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 7:56 PM
  • 5 Replies

I bought a portable DVD player today assuming that it needed to be charged and it would work in car. Do they only work if plugged to car?

by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 7:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
erinsmom1964
by Gold Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:14 PM
Depends which one you have. I bought a " portable" one from them. Battery wasnt removable and the " charge" lasted only 2 hours then it either needed to be plugged into wall or outlet. Should of known something was up with great price. Damn thing only worked about 45 days too. Piece if CRAP. Read the directions it will show you how to " charge" it. If its the same one i have i'd return it right away
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ballerossandra
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:34 PM

I read the manual and it does not say anything about charging

Quoting erinsmom1964:

Depends which one you have. I bought a " portable" one from them. Battery wasnt removable and the " charge" lasted only 2 hours then it either needed to be plugged into wall or outlet. Should of known something was up with great price. Damn thing only worked about 45 days too. Piece if CRAP. Read the directions it will show you how to " charge" it. If its the same one i have i'd return it right away

anotherandree
by Inga on Mar. 17, 2013 at 3:42 PM

We have a Phillips (looks like the same one in the picture above, but without the game remotes).  It has to be plugged into the cigarette lighter to work.  I guess we figured that going in so it didn't bother us.  We have had ours for about 3 years now and use it quite often.  We love ours and have never had any issues.

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Mar. 17, 2013 at 4:01 PM

I've had a DVD portable that could be plugged into a wall. Idk why.

Our Philips set right now only came with the car lighter plug.

I believe they have to be plugged in to run, but don't "hold a charge." There's no battery pack I've seen, or needed.

atlmom2
by Platinum Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 4:42 PM
You need one with good battery life. Also if you can dim it some that saves on battery life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured