Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

dad meets child for first time

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:06 PM
  • 22 Replies
1 mom liked this

ok so my childs father just came home and met his child for the first time a few days ago. He went overseas when I was about 2 months pregnant and decided not to stay together when he left. Now he is home and fully involved with his child and I have been spending time with him as well and its been hard bc although I am soo happy to see him bond with her, it really hurts that we cant be a family. what should I do? I let him know he is importnant and that I support him as long as our little girl is being taken care of but I cry every night when he leaves. What do I do?

by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bleacheddecay
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Tell him how you feel.

Dr.Suess
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:15 PM

I have, he knows how I feel but he doesnt say anything. He has told me before he never wanted anything serious. He accuired a gf while he was gone but Idk much about them other than she doesnt live in the state we live in...

MylittlePea
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:16 PM
Are there any sparks?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dr.Suess
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:16 PM

we get along great and having been having fun together. thats what I dont understand...

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:17 PM

Who made the decision not to be a couple anymore?  Does he have someone new in his life?

Dr.Suess
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:19 PM

he did when I first told him I was pregnant. Idk when he started dating the new girl or if they have even met yet

boshs1andonly
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:20 PM
3 moms liked this

there's not much you can do if he's not interested in a relationship. just let him have a relationship with his child and try to keep things friendly. somewhere down the road, it might still turn into something, but pressuring him right now won't help (not that I'm saying you are, just suggesting it would probably hurt more than it would help if you were to pursue him right now)

Dr.Suess
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:21 PM

I agree, which is why I told him how I felt but didnt ask or pressure him. Just let him know I was there for him.... Is there anything I can do in the meantime to help ease my mind. I cant even sleep some nights and I have been eating poorly

sighofthetimes
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:22 PM
Quoting boshs1andonly:

there's not much you can do if he's not interested in a relationship. just let him have a relationship with his child and try to keep things friendly. somewhere down the road, it might still turn into something, but pressuring him right now won't help (not that I'm saying you are, just suggesting it would probably hurt more than it would help if you were to pursue him right now)

Dr.Suess
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:23 PM

just something to do or occupy myself in the meantime. He is here for a few more weeks and then leaves again for like 7 or 8 more months

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)