Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Hi.

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:24 PM
  • 8 Replies
1 mom liked this
Hi my name is Heather and I have been a member since 2011, but I am still very new. I don't have the chance to be on here much. Hopefully I will be able to change that. I have an 11 year old son. So here's my question he set up a facebook without me knowing and I found out and changed his password. Should I let him have it?
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Bmat
by Barb on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:31 PM

Hi, Heather! Glad to see you here.

About your son. I guess it depends on how dependable you think he is. Maybe I wouldn't let him have the pw but possibly the account and sit right by him any time he wanted to access it.

heather1076
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:36 PM

Thank you. I didn't think of sitting with him and not allowing him to have the pw at all. I noticed a lot of his friends who are 11 and 12  have accounts and he's not friends with anyone unfamiliar. Maybe we will try that.

Zazayam
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi :)

Mine has one and I'm ok with it as long as he's my friend and I know his password. I also monitor his friends list, everyone on my son's is either a friend from school or family.

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Mar. 17, 2013 at 3:17 AM

Hi Welcome to the group!!

I think its ok if you son wants to be on facebook..but..i think you need to make sure you have 100% access..anytime!!  therefore YOU need to know the password, YOU need to know who all his friends are and YOU need to monitor his activity. 

bamababe1975
by Gold Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:08 AM

If you don't want him on Facebook, then no. If you're okay with him being on there as long as he agrees to follow your rules and understands that you WILL have access to his account and everything he does on there, then yes.

Quoting heather1076:

Hi my name is Heather and I have been a member since 2011, but I am still very new. I don't have the chance to be on here much. Hopefully I will be able to change that. I have an 11 year old son. So here's my question he set up a facebook without me knowing and I found out and changed his password. Should I let him have it?

heather1076
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 4:26 PM

Thanks ladies!!

eb415
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 4:36 PM

Technically he's not allowed to be on facebook until he's 13.  Of course, the same applies for any online service because of COPPA, which ultimately just teaches them to lie about their age...

heather1076
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 4:46 PM
I'm not in the habit of letting him lie about anything. He just wants to join because his friends have.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN