Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

feeding advice for formula fed baby

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:47 PM
  • 13 Replies
My baby is 2 months old but he is eating alot now he eats 3-4 ounces every 2 hours... I can't seem to get anything done because he's constantly eating and I was wondering if there was a way to get him to 8 ounces every 4 hours?? Any advice please?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SewingMamaLele
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:54 PM
Small, frequent meals are what is best. Look at the size of your babes fist. That's about the size of his stomach. Now, look at an 8 oz bottle. Big difference! The stomach can stretch, but you don't want him to think he has to eat that much to get full because it can lead to overeating later in life.

You can boil and prepare a days worth of bottles in the morning and keep them portioned out in the fridge to save time... But, babies take time. It's what they do.
Zazayam
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 11:02 PM

I wouldn't push it, he has a tiny little stomach and needs small meals pretty often.

MandMsWorld
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 11:03 PM

I have 3 formula fed babies - 2 were on cereal by 2 months, 1 didn't have cereal until closer to 8 months.

I hear ya on the 2 hours I used to have to wake one up, and with the others remember saying "but I just fed you!"

Timing isn't just a formula vs. BF thing - it's a all kids are different thing.

stargaze281
by Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 11:21 PM
feed your baby the way he should be fed and stop worrying so much about other things that you wanna do. you're babys feedings are more important!
alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Mar. 17, 2013 at 3:32 AM

8oz at 2 months is ALOT for a baby!!  i would not feed him more just so he stays fuller longer..thats not the way it works..what exactly are you trying to get done?

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Mar. 17, 2013 at 8:27 AM
Small frequent meals are best.
VanessaCB
by Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:40 AM
Sorry but this is so selfish. How inconvenient for you that babies have small stomachs and have to eat smaller meals more frequently. Makes me sad how you want to stuff him up so you won't have to bother with feeding him so much.

VanessaCB
by Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:42 AM
And that is not eating a lot. It's the normal amount of food for a baby.
Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Mar. 17, 2013 at 12:41 PM
I just want to say... That really small meals are best. Their stomaches are so small. You could cause a tummy ache. That is not good then. You could also cause the baby spit up more. This too shall pass . I breastfeed and during these times in nurse a lot.
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 12:59 PM
Add 1/2 oz at a few feedings every couple weeks. No more than that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)